Bulk User Actions: Dropdown Issue

Bulk User Actions: Dropdown Issue

by Brent Lee -
Number of replies: 4

Good Morning,

We are attempting to use bulk user actions to search for all the teachers in courses throughout moodle. In 1.9, this was possible using the dropdowns found in the advanced section of admin/user/user_bulk.php.

Please find this screenshot:

Currently, we can only select two roles.

Note: This is an updated Moodle 1.9 to 2.0.3 instance.

Cheers,

Brent

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brent Lee

Re: Bulk User Actions: Dropdown Issue

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Well that is because you are searching in "system roles" and you should not normally have teachers in system roles -they should only be enrolled in the courses or categories where the teach. Moodle 2 has emphasised this by not having teachers (or students) as a site wide role. If you could do this in Moodl 1.9 it would have been because you had teachers enrolled site wide, in every course.  Try searching for the teachers in course role instead -if I want to find teachers in my Moodle 1.9 I that is where I would look.

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Bulk User Actions: Dropdown Issue

by Brent Lee -

Thanks Mary,

The dropdown that allows you to search course roles did not have teacher or student as options either. This means that there is no way to ask the system to show all students or teachers via bulk actions.

I created a bug for this and it was fixed last night.