Can't Login HELP!!!

Can't Login HELP!!!

by Lauren Keefe -
Number of replies: 6

Help me plz!

I'm a student and i can't login on to my moodle site.. moodle.upei.ca! I enter my user name and password and then press login but nothing happens (username and password erases) My teacher doesn't know why i can't. I can login on every other computer except mine own... i have changed my internet settings to accept all cookies and i've download the newest version of ie and firefox.. nothing is working. This is very frustrating so if someone could help me it would be great! Thanks!!

Lauren

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lauren Keefe

Re: Can't Login HELP!!!

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Do you have firewall software on your machine? Is your machine XP with service pack 2? Either way, check the FAQ section.
In reply to Howard Miller

by Jeff Wood -

I agree with Howard.  This behaviour is usually caused by a firewall.

In reply to Jeff Wood

by Lauren Keefe -
Do you know how i could disable this firewall? 
In reply to Lauren Keefe

by Lauren Keefe -

Thanks guys i figure out it was my Nortons Antivirus that wasn't letting me on!

Lauren

In reply to Howard Miller

by Lauren Keefe -

I'm using windows 2000 NT.. and I dont think I have firewall software? i dont know how to check? and if i do have a firewall how could i fix it to allow moodle? Thank you!

Lauren

In reply to Lauren Keefe

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Usually firewall software will show itself by placing an icon down by the time in the bottom right hand corner. Mouse over the icons until you find a likely suspect. Symantec's Norton and McAffee are the usual suspects. When you find it, right-click and check the options for setup or properties (or something like that) - you can then have a play with the settings and hopefully fix Moodle login. Have you checked the FAQs on this site? There is aditional info there.