How to change anomaly theme color in 2.0?

How to change anomaly theme color in 2.0?

by Dan Trouten -
Number of replies: 6

Hello! The theme is now green. I need it to be a specific PMS blue (I can get the RGB breakdown). Where to I change the color in the theme?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dan Trouten

Re: How to change anomaly theme color in 2.0?

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Dan,

All the css rules for the colors are found in general.css in the Anomaly theme folder.

The GREEN color you need to replace is hex color code: #697F55

if you are replacing with rgb color codes...they are written like this...

rgb(255,255,255) which is the color WHITE

HTH

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by David Roberts -

Hi Mary,

I must be having one of those days...  but I have updated the green #697F55 color codes with my slected color and nothing at all changes.. I have used CSS quite a bit and change Moodle Themes a million times but for some reason..just not working...any ideas?  This is a newly upgraded site from 1.9 to 2.0...

dave

In reply to David Roberts

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

David,

In Moodle2 if you are making changes to css you will either need to enable Theme Designer Mode (Site Administration->Appearance->Themes->Theme settings) or Purge All Caches (Site Admin->Development).

Theme Designer mode is better if you are making several changes, but if you only want to change one or two things then you can use the purge cache tool

HTH

Richard

In reply to Mary Evans

by Troy Shimkus -

Hi Mary,

I'm looking for the menu hover color for this theme, I can't find it referenced in any of the css files in the anomlay folder, unless I'm just totlaly missing it, might it be somewher else that you know of?

In reply to Troy Shimkus

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

It's probably in yout browser settings! Try Tools/Options/Color smile

I don't think it is even set in the theme, however if you add...

a:hover { color: ivory; }

or whatever color you would like it to be...http://visibone.com/colorlab/

to the core.css file (I think it's core) and then go to Purge all caches in Site Administration > Development > Purge all caches (click on button)

You will see the effect after you refresh your sceen Ctrl + F5

HTH

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Troy Shimkus -

Thanks for the help, I still wasn't able to find it. I was using Firebug to inspect the CSS and couldn't find a regernece to a background color anywhere. I ended up going to the server and directly greping the color code and cound it in the general.css file, so I eventually got it sorted out, but your steps did help determine that it had to be in the css somewhere!

Thanks again for the response! You are always so eager to help, and I can't tell you how much I appreciate you for that!