uploading data

uploading data

by Julie Ross -
Number of replies: 4

Our site was recently updated to Moodle 2.  I can't figure out how to access the location for uploading massive files.  Sorry if this seems simple to everyone else, but I need to know the URL or how to get there, step-by-step.

Help!?!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Julie Ross

Re: uploading data

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi -and no; it isn't simple to everyone elsesmile First of all - it depends on what you mean by "massive". If you can increase your site upload limit as per 1.9 then you can upload a zipped folder within the course  and then click the icon to the right to unzip its content. However, if you mean massive massive, like some SCORM packs, then there is no FTP anymore. There are workarounds - if it is SCORM you could look on the SCORM forums for advice there. If it is a regular file then another way is to upload it into a repository and access from there -see here

http://moodle.drupalgardens.com/article/tue-06152010-1918/ftp-files-moodle-20-repository-api

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Julie Ross -

Hi, Mary.  Actually, it isn't a question of loading files.  We have already done this in the past through an ftp site.  However, since being upgraded to Moodle 2, I no longer know how to access the location for loading files.

My question is:  Where is the new location and how do I get there?  Siteground only sent me the tutorial on loading and saving files, but they didn't tell me how to access the location.

In reply to Julie Ross

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Yes - but - you can't ftp files to the course directories as you could previously in Moodle 1.9 because there are no numbered directories to do this any more, as there were with 1.9 - so you have to use the workarounds. Does that help or have I misunderstood you?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Julie Ross -

Hi Mary,

I've been out of office, so just getting back to you on this.

Actually, your point that there is no ftp ability anymore is correct, and I concur.  My question to Siteground was "Where is all my old data, now that you've upgraded?"  To Moodle, I ask, how do I get to the location for loading new files.  Is there a repository in my actual website that I don't know about?

Sorry, but I'm not the IT person, so I have to have simple, lay terminology to know the step-by-step to get to the location now.

Thanks.