moodle 2.0.3 installation erorors

moodle 2.0.3 installation erorors

by waseem lodhi -
Number of replies: 9

I am just new to moodle and I am installing moodle on my local computer for testing purpose.

I downloaded new xampp with php , sql, appachi server

I followed the all steps on the installation guide

after creating database, users and right assigned

added moodledata in xampp folder same as htdoc and copy moodle inside htdoc folder

I start my installation of moodle on firefox 5.0 browser

I received the following messages

php_extension curl must be installed and enabledmust be installed and enabled Check
php_extension openssl should be installed and enabled for best resultsshould be installed and enabled for best results

Installing the optional OpenSSL library is highly recommended -- it enables Moodle Networking functionality.

Check
php_extension intl should be installed and enabled for best resultsshould be installed and enabled for best results

Intl extension is used to improve internationalization support, such as locale aware sorting.

I fix the errors by following the link but it still give errors

I have two php.ini files in my php folder

php.ini-development

php.ini-production

I save the files after modification according to instruction but still getting errors,

As I am new to moodle , all help will be appriciated

First modified both , then I modified only production

I followed all steps e.g. deleting ; at the beginning of the curl and openssl

and place intl

[intl]

intl.default_locale = en_utf8

intl.error_level = E_WARNING

Last thing I am trying to install it on Windows xp computer

with A

+ Apache 2.2.17
+ MySQL 5.5.8 (Community Server)
+ PHP 5.3.5 (VC6 X86 32bit) + PEAR

Average of ratings: -
In reply to waseem lodhi

Re: moodle 2.0.3 installation erorors

by Guillermo Madero -

The configuration file should be named php.ini.

You should make a copy of the php.ini-development file and rename it to php.ini. Work with this file.

In reply to Guillermo Madero

by waseem lodhi -
Guillermo Thanks I delete one copy of php.ini - development and using php.ini production but stil getting the same errors. those errors I used these instructions to change this php file which I found inside xampp/php/php.ini folder for first two errors I just delete the ; but third error I did add ; extension=php_intl.dll [intl] ; intl.default_locale = en_utf8 ; intl.error_level = E_WARNING I have no clue now how to fix this Thanks for your help Waseem To install the curl library on Windows 1.Open the php.ini file found in the php/php.ini folder (older versions of XAMPP use moodle/apache/bin folder) 2.Find the line: ;extension=php_curl.dll 3.Remove the ; at the beginning of the line 4.Restart Apache if necessary To install the openssl library on Windows 1.Open the php.ini file found in the moodle/apache/bin (if not there then, in folder server/php/) 2.Find the line: ;extension=php_openssl.dll 3.Remove the ; at the beginning of the line 4.Restart apache if necessary MS Windows To enable this extension add the following line to your php.ini file: extension=php_intl.dll And then set the intl.default_locale and intl.error_level directives in your php.ini file. [intl] intl.default_locale = en_utf8 intl.error_level = E_WARNING
In reply to waseem lodhi

by Guillermo Madero -

I think the best course of action would be to:

1. Delete everything and do a complete reinstall.

2. Make a copy of "php.ini-production" and rename it as "php.ini". This way, if something goes wrong with php.ini, you can always create a new one based on php.ini-production.

3. Remove the initial semicolon ";" from the following directives (note: if the last two are not in the php.ini file, the you should simply add them):

extension=php_curl.dll
extension=php_openssl.dll
extension=php_xmlrpc.dll
extension=php_intl.dll

intl.default_locale=en_utf8

intl.error_level = E_WARNING

4. Open the "httpd.conf" file in the "conf" folder of Apache, and look for the PHPIniDir directive, it should have the path to the folder where php.ini is located (e.g. PHPIniDir "c:/php/php5.3.5").

5. Check that the %PATH% variable includes the path to the php.ini folder (e.g. path=c:\windows\system32; c:\windows; c:\php\php5.3.5).

6. Restart your Apache web server.

Hope this helps.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)

by waseem lodhi -
Guillermo Thanks for your help I did follow your instructions remove all xampp and Moodle files unzip xampp file on c drive unzip moodle files inside htdoc inside xampp start installation by starting firefox 4.0 created moodle data base created users with password created moodle data file inside xampp inside php folder delete php.ini production copy php.ini development and modify secure php.ini file in other folders remove ' ; ' from the start of the files you suggested but could not find path in appachi/conf file now i am getting the same errors as it was before no idea what to do, Need more help to start this installation many thanks in advance Waseem
In reply to waseem lodhi

by Guillermo Madero -

I installed manually all components in my computer (also win xp), so I'm not really familiar with installer packages. However, I would definetely erase everything one more time, and then retry with one of the following packages:

Moodle package for windows.

BitNami Moodle.

Windows Web App Moodle.

Cheers!

by waseem lodhi -
Thanks Guillermo I will try one more time regards,
In reply to waseem lodhi

by waseem lodhi -
Thanks Guillermo and others Finally with your support I got moodle 2.0.3 installed on my local machine and its look nice the main mistake I was doing that I was playing with php.ini develoment and production files, then I use DOS command line to differentiate between files and finally I am successful to run I will need more help when I will design courses and transfer these file to server Thanks again
In reply to waseem lodhi

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
One vital bit of information - what operating system is this and how did you install PHP?

Unless it's Windows, no amount of editing even the correct php.ini will fix your problem. You will need to download or compile the missing modules.
In reply to Howard Miller

by waseem lodhi -
Thanks Howard Yes I am using Windows xp and I install whole xampp ###### ApacheFriends XAMPP (Basispaket) version 1.7.4 ###### + Apache 2.2.17 + MySQL 5.5.8 (Community Server) + PHP 5.3.5 (VC6 X86 32bit) + PEAR + XAMPP Control Version 2.5 from www.nat32.com + XAMPP Security + SQLite 2.8.15 + OpenSSL 0.9.8o + phpMyAdmin 3.3.9 + ADOdb 5.11 + Mercury Mail Transport System v4.62 + FileZilla FTP Server 0.9.37 + Webalizer 2.01-10 + Zend Optimizer 3.3.0 + Perl 5.10.1 + Mod_perl 2.0.4 + Tomcat 7.0.3 and then I install moodle 2.0.3 inside htdocs I started by using localhost/moodle in firefox 4.0 after setting up database and users name and passwords I am getting these errors no ideas how to fix , though I used available instructions in the helpfile http://docs.moodle.org/en/admin/environment/php_extension/curl and openssl and intl MS Windows To enable this extension add the following line to your php.ini file: ; extension=php_intl.dll And then set the intl.default_locale and intl.error_level directives in your php.ini file. [intl] ; intl.default_locale = en_utf8 ; intl.error_level = E_WARNING no idea what to do