Uploading Error - Invalid file path

Uploading Error - Invalid file path

by Gabriel García -
Number of replies: 5

I have installed Moodle 2.0.1 locally and everything works fine.  I have a working platform on a CentOS server and I have had lots of problems with files and updates.  The main issue here is when I try to upload.  I select the file, click on "Upload this file" and after a few seconds I get an error message:

I have set my "moodledata" folder and sub folders to 777.  I don't want to change the "external" folders to 777 unless that's the solution.

Why does it work in my local server and not on my linux server.  Is there anything that I have not done.

For the records, when I tried to add a language pack I got an error regarding not able to write MD5 file... I've tried everything and I ended up manually uploading the files.

Please help!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gabriel García

Re: Uploading Error - Invalid file path

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Why 2.0.1? 2.0.3 is out now, and contains many bug-fixes.

by Gabriel García -

I think I found out what the problem is but I have no idea how to solve it.  Is it true that moodle's upload connection is done through SSH port 22?  If that is true, then that's why I can't upload files.  My server is listening for port 7022.  How can I change that in moodle?

by Gabriel García -

I've spent hours trying to figure out why I'm gettong so many errors when trying to upload files, create folders, or just write something on my moodle folders.  PLEASE HELP!

You can get registered and see what is going on:

http://edu.calabacitas.org/av01

P.S. The image is just because I can upload images here and not on my site.

Attachment colaborative.png