Google Docs Survey

Google Docs Survey

by Cherie Mack -
Number of replies: 7

I need help putting this html code into a link that simply says Take the Survey - please help!

<iframe src="https://spreadsheets.google.com/embeddedform?formkey=dEVqRHVRYnY0SWRlSERKX25yakViX1E6MQ" width="760" height="3914" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Cherie Mack

Re: Google Docs Survey

by James Snell -

Can't you create a Moodle page, link to that, and in the view/mode for the page you create, paste in that iframe code?

In reply to James Snell

by Cherie Mack -

That is what I have done - however - the student page shows all the HTML code.   I want the kids to just see a simple link to get to the survey.  Something that says - Click here to begin survey -  I'm not savvy with HTML code but I'm currently working on the iframe attribute to see how that works.  Thanks!

In reply to Cherie Mack

by Helen Bound -

Cherie doesn’t the Google Forms give you an e-mail link that your students just click on. Go into Google docs. Click on your form link, click on 'share' in the top right corner and there’ll be a weblink for your class to go to the form.

In reply to Cherie Mack

by James Snell -

It sounds like you're pasting the html code directly in to the HTML editor while it's in the default/normal view. To properly insert that HTML code, click the little "HTML" button in the HTML editor to switch it to show the html code for the area you're editing. I suggest you add a few lines to the end of whatever code is in there, followed by a few "<BR />"s (adds a new line).. Then paste in the html iframe code you got from google.

See the HTML editor is actually generating HTML code behind the scenes as you use it. Then it saves that code to the server. So everything that you enter is interpreted and is converted in to a guess at what the equivalant HTML is.

If you dump HTML code in to the normal view, then that code is actually converted so that it'll show to users the way you entered it - unless you dump it in from the HTML view, then they'll see what the code actually does.

The link code that Helen refers to could also be an option - the iframe approach will embed the document within your page in moodle. Also there are parameters in the iframe "src" attribute you can edit.. Mainly, look for the one that reads "chrome", try switching that between "true" and "false" - you'll likely prefer one over the other.

In reply to James Snell

by Cherie Mack -

Thanks James and Helen - I'll try your suggestions - I'm keeping my fingers crossed wink