Where's my editor?

Where's my editor?

por Frank Zittle -
Number of replies: 4
My HTML Editor (Toolbar, etc) seems yo have gone missing. The only thing that I did (that I know of) is to change the setting on aspell from no to yes. Please find attached my config.php.NoTools.gif

EditSettings.gif

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Frank Zittle

Re: Where's my editor?

por Janne Mikkonen -
Hi Frank.

I assume that you have enabled the editor also from your profile (use HTML editor). From that screenshot one can surely tell that the editor does not load.

What has change since you last saw the editor (did you upgrade your moodle?).

Do you get any Javascript error messages? ( If you're using Mozilla/FireFox, you can see javascript errors in Javascript console. In FireFox,Tools -> javascript console Firefox and in Mozilla, Tools -> Web development -> Javascript console. If you're using IE and any javascript error accures then you should see a yellow triangle with exclamination mark in the left hand side of IE's status bar).

- Janne -

ps. Hopefully that's not your current and real config.php file??? If it is, change your passwords asap.
In reply to Janne Mikkonen

por Mark Hamilton -
Which browser are you using? It could be a browser compatibility thing.

I use Firefox and had the same problem today. It happened when I switched agents with the 'user agent switcher' Firefox extension.

When I switched agents (in Firefox) to Internet Explorer, I lost the html editor. When I switched back to 'default (Firefox)', the html editor came back. Weird.

If you use Firefox you might want to try the extension at Firefox extensions or at the creator's own site

I hope that helps

Mark
In reply to Mark Hamilton

por Janne Mikkonen -
Well switching user-agent information just does that, since javascript implemetations vary between these browser branches broma

- Janne -
In reply to Janne Mikkonen

por R Holden -

I am getting this same error and have posted in the 'htmlarea is undefined' threaded post.

This error seems to be rearing it's head with some newer installs (including mine).

Thanks in advance for any advice!