How to change link color from Arialist theme?

How to change link color from Arialist theme?

by Akis Volanis -
Number of replies: 3
can somebody help me to change the orange link color from arialist theme? i can't find tha value for "a" and i can't change it from theme settings... thanks...
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Akis Volanis

Re: How to change link color from Arialist theme?

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Akis,

On my copy of Arialist (Moodle2.0.3) the theme settings page link colour option works for the main links on the page, but not for the menu (which is generally styled using yui).

Using firebug the menu appears to be styled in the core.css file and the line which needs changing is:

.yui3-skin-sam #custommenu .yui3-menu-label,
.yui3-skin-sam #custommenu .yui3-menu .yui3-menu .yui3-menu-label,
.yui3-skin-sam #custommenu  .yui3-menuitem-content,
.yui3-skin-sam #custommenu .yui3-menu .yui3-menu .yui3-menuitem-content {
color:#F25F0F;
border-width:0;
padding-right: 25px;
}

HTH

Richard

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Bruce Goode -

Richard,

Works great.  Thanks so much for posting this code-  I googled how to change menu color in arialist and ended up here.

Thanks again,

Bruce

In reply to Akis Volanis

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Akis,

The Arialist theme allows users to change link colors via the Arialist setting page found at...

Settings > Site Administration > Appearance > Themes > Arialist is one of a number of theme names you will find listed here. In this page you can make lots of changes to colors etc. After you make these changes, save and go back to your Home page and the changes should show up. However you will need to activate Theme Designer Mode at Site Administration > Appearance > Themes > Theme settings - click on the check box marked Theme Designer Mode - save this setting and return to Home page.

Also as Richard pointed out you can also change the color code in the style/core.css to fix the Menu links.

HTH

Mary