2.02 Flat File Enrolment - Cannot un-enrol manually or by reset!!!

2.02 Flat File Enrolment - Cannot un-enrol manually or by reset!!!

by Marcus Sugden -
Number of replies: 7

Hi,

Hit upon a major problem here. If student are enrolled onto courses via Flat File import, I cannot un-enrol them manually. I have full Admin rights and there does not appear to be way to do it.

What is even more worrying, is that when I or a teacher perform a course reset, they are still there! Infact when looking at the roles of a student who has been enrolled via Flat File, they are grayed out and connot be removed.

Finally, students also cannot un-enrol themselves once they have been added via Flat File. They can if they have self-enrolled however.

Moodle 1.9+ does not have this problem and works perfectly...what happened in 2.02 to cause this?....if indeed anyone else is aware of this issue?

Please help! smile

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Marcus Sugden

Re: 2.02 Flat File Enrolment - Cannot un-enrol manually or by reset!!!

by Marcus Sugden -

Anybody noticed this yet on 2.02?

It a pretty big problem if when you reset a course it leaves on students who who been enrolled by Flat File!

I was thinking of ugrading our institution this summer...looks like it might have to wait sad

by Marcus Sugden -

Hi able to confirm this?

So far it seems that on Moodle 2.02 and more recently on 2.03, that neither teacher or manager can manually unrol a student that has not either been self-enrolled or mnually enrolled.

Plus, resetting the course does not remove students who have been enrolled by flat file.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Marcus

by Marcus Sugden -

Anybody?

Just a reminder...course reset does not remove users enrolled by Flat file. Reported as bug but no response as yet sad

by Marcus Sugden -

Anybody at all have an answer to this?

Just reminder, a course reset does not remove users enrolled by flat file! there no way to get them out again unless you use flat file again. This was never an issue in moodle prevous to version 2.0

by Luis de Vasconcelos -

Hi. Did you report it in the Moodle Tracker? If so, what's the issue number?

In reply to Luis de Vasconcelos

by Marcus Sugden -

Hi!

Yes i did. the tracking number is: MDL-27533

http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-27533

Not heard anything back yet. I am also trying to see if I am able to add the capability to un-enrol a user manually who has been added to a course by flatfile (something else which is a problem with 2.0+)

by Trudi Knight -

Still a problem in 2.0.4 - we have multiple enrolment methods in use and a user can only be unenrolled using the method that they were originally enrolled by.