Adaptive Quiz

Adaptive Quiz

by Ankit Tayal -
Number of replies: 7

Is it possible to have a adaptive quiz in moodle ?

Suppose we have 5 categories and 5 different levels for each category. Depending on the answer given for a particular question, the level of next question of next category is to be decided.

If, such functionality is not present, where should we make changes {scripts n tables } ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ankit Tayal

Re: Adaptive Quiz

by Tetsuo Kimura -

I am working on a Rasch-model-based CAT module called UCAT on moodle 2.0, which is originally a BASIC CAT program developed by Linacre in 1987 (http://www.rasch.org/memo40.htm).  I am going to give a show & tell presentation at JALTCALL in Kurume, Japan in July.  It is still beta version and it has lots to be tested.

I think another option is to use QuizPort module for your purpose.(http://docs.moodle.org/en/QuizPort_module)

In reply to Tetsuo Kimura

by John Lord -

Wow! Thanks so much for this. Most of it is way above my head, but the general discussion at the beginning of the paper does give me some good ideas.

I'll check out QuizPort too. I also think that we may just need to hire someone to tinker with the php to gather the results and publish them in report format.

In reply to John Lord

by Ankit Tayal -

QuizPort is good but it doesnt satisfy the requirements of a general adaptive test. We may have to tinker a lot to make it work. Is there any tutorial for understanding the highly looped code structure of moodle as in how they are accessing the database and all ?

by Fleur Deboutte -

Sounds interesting!

I've been reading around for such an adaptive testing method for a while now, and I have tried the Quiz Port module. I am not really convinced about its usability for us, but I have been thinking that maybe the existing random question type could be edited in order to create an adaptive question type. As in, if you could condition the categories from which the questions are rendered, it would be a nice step towards a 'basic' adaptive test, I think. Any thoughts on this?

In reply to Fleur Deboutte

by Ankit Tayal -

Definitely, if we could somehow pick questions at random from different categories with a certain pre-condition and post-condition, we would be able to generate a good quality adaptive test. It would include joining functionality of two different modules

1. Categories: Random question selection

2. QuizPort: Pre & Post Condition

by Francis Djibo -

Hi Tetsuo Kumura,

I am very interested in your plug-ing of Rasch model in Moodle. I am a teacher aviser in Cégep de Rivière-du-loup (in Canada) and want to know if you have made progress form your bega version and if you can share this plug-ing.I want to test this plug-ing.