Prerequisite and enrolment

Prerequisite and enrolment

by Luan Meades -
Number of replies: 2

Hello

I have trawled the many forums and have been unable to find an answer to this so I am wondering if some kind soul can help out.  We are looking at using a semester system in our purely online school.   All our students have to apply to be apart of our school before they then have free reign of our courses in the semesters.  We have a few levels and a membership scheme for high level classes and need an enrolment process in place that can deal with this.  We have tried the Registeration Enrolment which does do most of the work for us but would like to somehow link this to the certificates issued and save in a previous course so that if there is a certificate for such a person they can enrol and if not they cannot.  This would need to be configurable for each class and in some cases will need to look for a couple of certificates.  Let me give an example of the different aspects we need.

The class must have a maximum enrolment of 30 students and each student can enrol in no more than 3 classes.

A level one course they must have an application approved in order to gain access to this level.

A level two course they must have received a certificate in the level one course and have an application approved in order to gain access to this level.

A level three course they must have received a certificate in 1 of two of the level two courses and have an application approved as well so be a paid member in order to gain access to this level.

I thought that it maybe easy to use code to add in a look up for the certificate issued and compare it to the course password but I am not that clearer and got stuck.  I tried adding it in different place and it kept giving an error so I guess I have not got it right or in the right place.

So what I tried is

if(!empty($course->password) {

if(!($certificate_issues->classname WHERE $certificate_issues->userid == $USER->id AND $certificate_issues->classname ==  $course->password) == $course->password) {

$err = get_string('errprerequisite','block_registration');

throw new Exception($err);

}

Please can someone help me!

Oh before I forget we have Moodle 1.9

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Luan Meades

Re: Prerequisite and enrolment

by John Andrewartha -

Moodle 2 will do most of what you want.    You can have conditional branching and access based on a number of events.

At the risk of offending 1.9 is yesterday.

In reply to John Andrewartha

Re: Prerequisite and enrolment

by Luan Meades -

Yeah the trouble is we have many plugins that are not suport in Moodle 2 and when I ran it as a new site I found it was not stable and erroring all the time.  Its stopped me login and various issues plus many plugin didn't work.  As a production site it is no good as yet for us or at least that is what I found.  That was only a month ago!  We will move to 2 when the kinks are ironed out and the system runs smoothly.  I am running Moodle 2 side by side and until this works how it should we won't upgrade.  But thanks for this feedback, if anyone can help with the coding I would be most grateful.