Choice number preference vote

Choice number preference vote

by Andrew Tann -
Number of replies: 3

Hi all,

I was wondering if the following was possible;

Setting up a choice for school sport selections, each choice has a restriced number of positions and becomes unavailable once filled. however I was also after a number preference type choice eg restrict to only 3 possible choices out of a large total and select 1 as most preffered and 3 being 3rd choice, once 3 choices are used no more can be made.

I hope this makes sence, kind of live voting, preferences 1-3 out of a large number.

Cheeers

Andrew

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andrew Tann

Re: Choice number preference vote

by Simon Pike -

Hi Andrew,

Did you get an answer to this?

I have the same question.

Simon

In reply to Andrew Tann

by Steve Bailey -

Hi Andrew,

I'm looking for something very similar myself, though I can confirm that this is not currently possible without installing a third-party tool or applying a patch to core code.

I've been asked to find a way to allow students to select up to five from several (135) available projects. Each project can allow only five students to select it. Once all selections have been made the teacher will export the selections and use an algorithm someone else has provided to allocate one project to each student from their choices.

So far I've worked out that I can restrict the number of students choosing a project using a Choice activity, but not allow more than one selection per choice. The Questionnaire/Feedback tool has the opposite problem; students can select up to 5 but the number of project selections can't be limited.

Does anyone know of a way to do this? I'm open to third-party tools but would prefer to avoid patches to core code.

Any help would be much appreciated.

In reply to Steve Bailey

by Robert Brenstein -
There used to be a module for signing up for exams, which would do pretty much what you need. It allowed a group of students to choose an exam date from several available (projects in your case) with each date having a set limit for the number of students. It even had a waiting queue feature, if I recall. It ensured that a student selected only a single date. So, in your case, you could have set up 5 identical instances for students to select their projects. I don't think that module is supported anymore but I haven't looked at it for quite a while. It could be a good base to make your own custom module if needed.