Languages

Change language when login :-\

Picture of Niv berco
Change language when login :-\

Hello evryone,

I have a problam that i haven't found the answer for it in the forum.

I have 2 languages in my Moodle site. Hebrew and English.
My site lang is set to hebrew and so is my users profile preferd language.

When I login to the site, i allways keep geting the English lang...
after i login i allways have to change the Lang in the dropdown box. how can i make the site\profile to login in the Hebrew lang??

My Moodle version is 1.9 (not 2.0)
thank you in advance !

Average of ratings: -
Picture of David Mudrák
Re: Change language when login :-\
Core developersDocumentation writersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersPlugins guardiansTestersTranslators
Please make sure that you have the correct language set in your profile.

Picture of Niv berco

Hi David,
Thank you for your respon.
I am adding a print screen of my student profile setup.
Is that what you were talking about? that is the setting that you ment?

Picture of David Mudrák
Core developersDocumentation writersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersPlugins guardiansTestersTranslators
Yes, with this settings, I would expect that the language is switched to the Hebrew just after this user logs in. Are you sure that you have the language pack installed correctly? Does the site switch to the English already at the front page or inside a course? (note there is a way how a language can be forced within a course)

Picture of Niv berco

Hi,

when i enter the site, without login, the site is in hebrew. that is because the front page setting is set to hebrew. after i login to the site with the user i showed you, it switch to English... have no idea why :-\

because it is a 1.9 version, there in not much to install when it comes to language packs... i just chose th He language and press "install"... that is it.

if you would like to see for your self... www.sonlec.com/k2p
user name: aa
password : 1234

that is a student user.

If you have any idea of why is that happaning i would be very glad to hear... i know that you are on of the most expert when it comes to MOODLE. i read much of your posts smile

Picture of Susana Caixinha

hello,

I have the same problem

The language of the users is set to Portuguese, but when they do the login it changes to English.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks a lot

Susana

Picture of nikhil jagatiya

I'm facing same problem

I have two languages in my site arabic,english. Default  is English but any guest change the language in Arabic language and login in site it override and display in English how can I keep the language settings after the login.

Any way to solve this problem.

Thank you ['}

Picture of Luis Miguel Barron

Hello. I had the same problem. My solution was:

1. Go to administration - site administration - language - language settings: from the drop down list of languages in "default language" select the language desired.

2. This will make that only NEW users will have by default, the language selected previously after they login. Old users will still have the english language when login, and will have to change manually in preferences menú. If you want, you could delete the user and créate the account again. This will be another solution.