Restored account can not login

Restored account can not login

by yeh lizzie -
Number of replies: 3

My moodle sites are both  is 1.9.9.
I backup one course from one site, and restore to another new site.
When I login using administrator account, the course content seems ok, but all students can not login. Error message listes below:

Restored account
This account was imported from another server and the password has been lost. To set a new password by email, please click "Continue"

Average of ratings: -
In reply to yeh lizzie

Re: Restored account can not login

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Yes, this is normal. When you restore courses to a new site, it makes all users reset their passwords.  They get a new password sent to their email.   A lot of my users don't have valid emails so I have gotten around this by reimporting all users with a password of changeme.  This allows them all to login with the changeme password and they will be prompted to reset it upon first login.

In reply to Emma Richardson

回應: Re: Restored account can not login

by yeh lizzie -

It seems a good solution, but every user has to set the password again.
Is there any way that  I can  transfer account (including password) to the new site?

In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: Restored account can not login

by Srikanth Pulluru -

im unable to login with my old username and password after shifting old Site into new site.

I am getting Bellow message

If you supplied a correct username or email address then an email should have been sent to you.

It contains easy instructions to confirm and complete this password change. If you continue to have difficulty, please contact the site administrator.

As a user i not getting any conformation mail with  easy instructions to confirm and complete this password change

Please how to solve this issue and i want to know where is the email configuration settings will be done 

Appreciate for your help,

Thanking you.