Inconsistent popup

Inconsistent popup

by Mike Jaroch -
Number of replies: 7

Mostly just curious. This is not really a problem for me. My site is command line glossaries. Somtimes I get popups when clicking a link and sometimes it just opens in the same window.  Moodle 2.02 on Ubuntu. Php5.3.2 Postgres. http://here2serve.biz

Guest access is available

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mike Jaroch

Re: Inconsistent popup

by Joseph Rézeau -
Core developers колдонуучунун сүрөтү Particularly helpful Moodlers колдонуучунун сүрөтү Plugin developers колдонуучунун сүрөтү Testers колдонуучунун сүрөтү Translators колдонуучунун сүрөтү

Hi Mike!

I do not understand "My site is command line glossaries."

Please specify the type of resource containing those glossary autolinks that open in the same window vs those that open as popups.

Maybe related to MDL-23810.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Mike Jaroch -

They only thing I have available to the public are command line glossaries. The Linux glossary seems to have the problem more them the others. Enter the Linux glosarry. Click any link in the first glossary entry. Some will open in a popup some wil open in the same page. This is not a problem for me just thought you shold know. Since this is a test site with little to no traffic is you want a log in/shh let me know. Joseph.

In reply to Mike Jaroch

by Thomas Grochtmann -

I did have the same problem.

Sometimes the glossary-entry opens in a java-script-window (yui-window), and sometimes the entry open in a link.

A solutions:
In administration /Plugins /Filters /Common filter settings  edit the field “Text cache lifetime“ Choose “No”

Now your Server filter every page and does not use the text-cache. The page will always open in a java-script-window.

The disadvantage: The server needs more time to produce the page.

Background:
Whenever Moodle use the text from the text cache, it does not insert in the header the following line:

Y.use("moodle-mod_glossary-autolinker",function() {M.mod_glossary.init_filter_autolinking({"courseid":"6"});})

Result: the javascript-window does not work.

Without this line the Links do not open in inline-windows.

In my Opinion this is a bug. (but I don't know how to use the Moodle Tracker).

Sorry for the bad english

Greeings from Münster

Thomas

In reply to Thomas Grochtmann

by Kevin Page -

Thanks Thomas. I had the same problem and I've been pulling out what little hair I have left all afternoon trying to understand what was going wrong. Your solution saved me, my site (and my hair).

by Thomas Grochtmann -

This little BUG is in the tracker now (MDL-28681).
There is a better option to solve this problem:

The Setting of the Glossary-Filter must be switched ON for Header and Content (administration/Plugins/filter/Managefilters) . The BUG only occurs when the filter is activated only for content.

Average of ratings:Useful (1)

by Bronwen Campbell -

Hi, this continues to be a major problem for me despite trying your suggested fixes and reading the bug fixes in tracker. Even with either / both the text cache set to no and the content and headings on for glossary filter the behaviour seemed to get worse not better (and is inconsistent).

I need the pop up box to open so students don't get "lost" which is what happens when it leaves the lesson and goes to the glossary activity.

I am working with a very recent version of Moodle - did the fix get pulled forward into Moodle 2.4?

Moodle 2.4 (Build: 20121203)

In reply to Bronwen Campbell

by Joseph Rézeau -
Core developers колдонуучунун сүрөтү Particularly helpful Moodlers колдонуучунун сүрөтү Plugin developers колдонуучунун сүрөтү Testers колдонуучунун сүрөтү Translators колдонуучунун сүрөтү

Hi all,

I agree that in Moodle 2 the behaviour of the Glossary popup is inconsistent. Which means it is difficult to track down the problem behind this behaviour and to describe exactly what happens in the bug tracker.

Joseph