Colon after concept in Simple dictionary format

Colon after concept in Simple dictionary format

by Glenys Hanson -
Number of replies: 4

Hi everyone,

Is there a reason for the colon after the the concept in Simple, dictionary style format? It doesn't seem logical  to me and there isn't one in, for example, the Full with author format.

The colon is fairly logical in the Continuous without author format. Has as the Simple, dictionary style format somehow got confused with the Continuous without author format?

Or is there a reason I haven't realised?

Cheers,

Glenys

Attachment screenshot_12.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Glenys Hanson

Re: Colon after concept in Simple dictionary format

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Glenys,

I seem to remember reporting a bug about that colon some time ago. Will try to find it.

ATB

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Frank Ralf -
Hi Glenys and Joseph,

This brand new issue MDL-27343 is about the colon being displaced in some themes. Didn't find any other colon related issues in the tracker.

hth
Frank
In reply to Frank Ralf

by Glenys Hanson -

Hi Frank,

I created that issue earlier today - I hadn't considered then that maybe the colon shouldn't be there at all in the Simple dictionary format.

As you say, the displaced colon problem in MDL-27343 is theme related and occurs also in the Continuous without author format where the colon itself can be justified - though not essential in my opinion.

If no one has a justification for the colon after the concept, I'll create a new issue tomorrow.

Cheers,

Glenys