Moodle 2.0 guest access with enrolment key

Moodle 2.0 guest access with enrolment key

by Gisela Hillenbrand -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Documentation writers

Hi,

I want to have guest access with enrolment key for a moodle 2.0 course.

As an admin I activate guest access on system level: Site administration > Plugins > Enrolments > Manage enrol plugins: open the eye for Guest access

In the guest access settings (Site administration > Plugins > Enrolments > Guest access) I check the Add instance to new courses checkbox and I set Allow guest access to Yes. I also check the Require guest access password checkbox.

However, in the course, in the settings block > Course administration > Users > Enrolments methods I cannot configure a password for guest access in this course - no edit icon besides guest access enrolment method!

Can anyone help?

Gisela

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gisela Hillenbrand

Re: Moodle 2.0 guest access with enrolment key

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Have you tried in course administration>settings>allow guest access >yes and  the space for the password?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Neil Spurgeon -

I can't get guest access to work properly in 2.0.2 either although it works brilliantly in 1. and 2.0

Everything seems to be the same but for some unknown reason when you click the 'Login as a guest' button you get the user ID filled in with Guest and no amount of password completion will allow one to get in. I currently have two moodles effectively out of operation because of this issue alone so any help would be REALLY appreciated

Neil

P.S. I cannot upload the swcreen shot I wanted toto show the problem becuase I get error file not named (and the file name I had inserted then dissapears !! Moodle 2.0.2 seems rather flakey !

In reply to Neil Spurgeon

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Neil-the only time I recall such an error was with 1.9 relating to an mnet issue -but if you look at this forum post here and the referenced tracker issues it might put you on a track to investigate it.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Neil Spurgeon -

thank you so much Mary

For others the problems for me was a corrupted guest password. Opening the database table mdl_users (very scarey but it worked) clicking the pencil next to the Guest user row, opting for the MD5 option in the left box and typing guest in the password box next to it, then Go at the bottom and it works like a dream.

Courage mes braves - problem of no guest access solved and NOTHING to do with versions either

Mary again - thanks so much this has been bugging for days