Change an admin email address

Change an admin email address

by Michele Mason -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

I'm a Moodle hosting provider and naturally have admin access to a client's site account. They have changed their Admin person and I need to change that email address but the only option I appear to have is to delete the account. I don't want to delete it because I'm not sure what affect it might have.

Am I able to change this email address of this user from the Administration block or do I need to do it in the database? They are presently using ver 1.9.7.

Thanks Michele

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michele Mason

Re: Change an admin email address

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi

I think, I don't get the question right.

- The person with the password for the user called 'admin' has left the place. You want reset the password. To request the old password you need to change the e-mail address of 'admin'.

- You have another account to that moodle, which belongs to the group of site wide adminstrators.

But, I doubt whether through that second account you can delete the 'admin'. Neither can you change the e-mail address.

My question: You say, "the only option I appear to have is to delete the account". How?

The standard answer to admin password problem is this: http://docs.moodle.org/en/Administration_FAQ#I_have_forgotten_the_admin_password
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Michele Mason -

Thanks for your reply Visvanath but I have found the only way I'm able to change this is through the database because it is the Primary admin user account so I have done it that way.

Thanks

Michele

In reply to Michele Mason

by Deb Smith -

Inside your Moodle site, click on the username (you can find it in Site Administration->Users->Accounts->Browse List of Users, and it will be listed there and should be about at the top of the list if you click Last Access).

Click on the username on the left hand side, and click the Edit Profile tab.  There you can change the email address, surname and first name, change the password, etc.

In reply to Deb Smith

by Michele Mason -

Hi Deb

Thanks for your reply but this is not available as it is the Primary user account. I have found the only way to change it is through the database so I've done it that way.

Thanks

Michele