Moodle 2.0 - which plugin suggested

Moodle 2.0 - which plugin suggested

by Sharon Betts -
Number of replies: 4

I have been tasked with setting up synchronous web conferencing on our Moodle installation (2.0.2) - before I dive into the fray, can those of you experienced in these tools give me your suggestions.  Are any of you running a successful plugin?

Thank you for getting me started.

Sharon

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sharon Betts

Re: Moodle 2.0 - which plugin suggested

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Surprised noone has responded earlier than this... mmm the AdobeConnect plugin is popular.. and now there is another one called Big Blue Button.. but that looks like it might still be a bit green.  I am surprised that there is no video conferencing tool in core code yet - but I am sure it will appear in a future version.

In reply to Colin Fraser

by John Andrewartha -

You also missed OpenMeetings and Elluminate.  Both of which are external.

The one that I did like was the old Concevel (miss spelt ) that did exactly what I wanted. Unfortunately the funding dried up. Dead project. sad

In reply to Colin Fraser

by Stephen Dame -

Colin,  BBB has a plugin you load in moodle, and requires you plug in to a dedicated BBB server, or to a shared BBB server.

Full audio, video, deskshare, chat, presentation and whiteboard exist.  It integrates to moodle and a number of other CMS/LMS systems...  you can demo at bigbluebutton.org and a number of providers can help you with moodle integration under the support menu.

I have a dozen Moodle 1.9 and 2.0.2 servers integrated to BBB.  try the demo at http://demo.bigbluebutton.org

regards,

Stephen

hostbbb.com

In reply to Sharon Betts

by Tye Brown -

I'm in the same boat as you Sharon, and totally lost - I did find WizIQ and wondered if anybody had any opinions on that as it looks good.

Its daunting though the amount of options available