Moodle 2

Moodle 2

by Timothy Shelton -
Number of replies: 4

I'm desparately trying to change the default role for all users in Moodle 2 from Authenticated User to Student, however I only have one option for authenticated user in the drop down on the User Policies page. As far as I know I should be able to change the default role, but have no idea how to make other roles appear in the drop down

I know this is the same post as another one but there was not a resolution to it and I have the same issue.  Can anyone help me?  PLEASE????

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Timothy Shelton

Re: Moodle 2

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

In Moodle 2.0, the role definition includes a restriction on where the role can be assigned (in a course, site-wide, etc.)

I am guessing, but I suspect you can only make the role for all users one of the roles that can be assigned site-wide. So, try editing the student role to allow it to be assigned site-wide.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Timothy Shelton -

Thanks Tim, but I can't see an option for that under the define roles function.  Any ideas how I can do this or a coding change?  Thanks for your help.

In reply to Timothy Shelton

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Acutally, having looked at the code (http://git.moodle.org/gw?p=moodle.git;a=blob;f=admin/settings/users.php;h=d765c9718da26c4c9d04d65578aa12b00def37fe;hb=MOODLE_20_STABLE#l51), my guess was wrong. The restrictions are tied to the role 'Archetype' setting.

Why don't you just edit the 'Authenticated user' role so that it has the same permissions as the Student role?

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Timothy Shelton -

Hi, I've tried to do this, but not been successful in what I am trying to do.  I'm trying to automatically enrol all users to all courses - course managers are automatically enrolled, but I can't duplicate that downwards - has anyone got any ideas? 

Thanks, Tim