Job Description

Job Description

by Helen Norris -
Number of replies: 7

I wonder if anyone can help me. I am currently in a job evaluation process. I am a Moodle Administrator and have been asked to write my own job description, job evaluation and to suggest a job title. It is hard to find other descriptions on the internet that I can show my managers as a comparison.

Would anyone be kind enough to post their own job descriptions/job titles so that I can use these as a guide?

(Edited by Helen Foster at request of poster - original submission Thursday, 28 April 2011, 3:50 PM)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Helen Norris

Re: Job Description

by Glenys Hanson -

Hi Helen,

I just did a Google search for: Moodle administrator job description

It came up with a lot of results.

Cheers,

Glenys

In reply to Glenys Hanson

by alan cruiser -

You will get more relevant results if you refine and clarify the query.

In reply to Helen Norris

by Derek Chirnside -

This is a great opportunity Helen.  Don't forget good laptop, work from home,  3G access so you can work on the train, professional development in Acapulco and annual leave (the first three weeks of each semester).

-Derek

In reply to Helen Norris

by Bryan Williams -

I'll take a shot (modify as needed).

Learning Services Coordinator

Applicant for this position must understand the organizations virtual learning enviornment (Moodle), be competent in handling administrative tasks, including but not limited to:

• managing site user authentication and course enrollment processes
  • maintain the VLE's upgrade cycle, including acting on security notifications issued by the Moodle lead developer
  • vetting non-core features for the VLE requested by instructional designers, teachers or trainers, before installing on the system
  • adding COTS content to the VLE purchased by the organization
  • assisting instructional designers, teacher and trainers in using native features of the VLE for adding learning content to a course, and managing learners
  • assisting end users with VLE functional questions
  • assure that completions/grades generated by the VLE are communicated to an HR/SIS backend, as required

If you are also wearing the ID, teacher/trainer hat

• understand the principles of (childhood/adult) learning and effective online instructional design strategy
  • answer end user questions specific to course content
  • motivate users to complete course requirements
  • answer user VLE questions
  • facilitate community of learner  best practices

Job requirement: Applicant should have (X) years of IT experience including understanding of an SQL database and web server operation.  Applicant should be familiar with administering all operational functions of the Moodle VLE, including initial system set up and system upgrades, adding 3rd party vetted contributions, user authentication issues, adding course shells and working with instructional designers, teachers or trainers.  An understanding of file storage systems required.  Background in teaching or training is (helpful, required).

Average of ratings: Very cool (1)
In reply to Bryan Williams

by Helen Norris -
Bryan, this is fantastic - exactly what I need. Many thanks to you all for your replies. I have had a terrible time trying to gain any recognition for the responsibilities/skills required to manage Moodle but I feel I am getting somewhere now.