Self Assesment

Self Assesment

by Guido Walter -
Number of replies: 2

I am planning on creating a self help course on Moodle and on of the first steps is a self assesment in form of various questions about the participants life:

1) On a scale of 1 - 10 What is your stress level?

(1 being low stress, 10 being high stress.

At the end of the course there will be another test to track the progress.

Any tip is WELCOME.

Thank you,
Guido

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Guido Walter

Re: Self Assesment

by Randy Orwin -

Guido, there are a number of ways to do this since you only have one questions. One way is to use the choice module and just put up two different Choice activities with 1-10 in the possible answers. You could do an online assignment at the beginning and then again at the end. You could build a quick database with two choices, one for the beginning and then update it at the end. You could use the quiz module and give the same quiz twice with one questions. You could also use one of the third party survey plugins like Feedback or Questionnaire. Lots of options with just one question like that. Options become a bit more limited if you have more quesitons.

Good Luck

In reply to Guido Walter

Re: Self Assesment

by Russell Waldron -

Hi, Guido. What effect do you want your question to have on your participants' feelings? Some people may have struggled with anxiety about starting the course, and asking that question can raise their anxiety. Which of these forms would lead them to the best attitude to training?

Thinkin about using Moodle, I feel stressed:  [_] True  [_]  False

I feel confident about using Moodle:   Agree    Neutral    Disagree

Thinking about using Moodle, my stress level is:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10

Thinking about using Moodle, I feel:  terrified   anxious    nervous    relaxed    curious   excited   adventurous   confident

Thinking about using Moodle, I feel: _____________

What benefit do you hope to gain from using Moodle? ______________________

Regards,

Russell