Not able to see Find or upload a sound, video...

Not able to see Find or upload a sound, video...

by Ray Stanvius -
Number of replies: 6

Hi

Not sure if I did this or not, but when I click on the Moodle Media button in TinyMCE editor I cannot see " Find or upload a sound, video or applet.." in order to insert a media file.  see attached..

I am trying to do it from a Database activity on Moodle 2.0.2+ (Build: 20110330

It does work when Im setting up any Activity as admin so I know it is not a setup or config problem but more of a permissions problem.

Thought it was a permissions problem on "Uploading in file picker" so I did a search on Capabilities on ALL roles and found it was not set for anyone except the Authenticated User...Allowed for Student and Teacher and still cant see the link to click to start the file picker.

Also checked to make sure the course settings included Authenticated user, Student and Teacher on Uploading in file picker

Is "Uploading in file picker" the key in order to see " Find or upload a sound, video or applet.." ? or are there more permissions to check? Looked through repository  and all permissions are set to Authenticated User role plus student and teacher additionally on some.

Can someone tell me what the default is for Context types where this role may be assigned settings are as well for an Authenticated User are? Right now I have them all checked which I know is not correct.

im a bit turned upside down on this since Ive spent a considerable amount of time looking for solutions on Moodle forums and docs...I feel it is either a simple setting im overlooking or my host is playing with my config! wink

any help is appreciated...thanks!

Ray

Attachment insert media.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ray Stanvius

Re: Not able to see Find or upload a sound, video...

by Elena Ivanova -

Does this happen only with the insert Media button?   What about the rest: Insert/Edit Image or Insert/Edit link? smile
Does this happen in any browser for your user?

In reply to Elena Ivanova

by Ray Stanvius -

Thanks for the reply Elena...

Does this happen only with the insert Media button? ....Yes only the media button

What about the rest: Insert/Edit Image or Insert/Edit link? smile ...Both Insert/Edit Image and Insert/Edit link work fine...they appear with their proper tabs and choices see attached
Does this happen in any browser for your user?...Im testing in IE 8 and Firefox 3.6.16 and they both behave the same.

Attachment insert image.jpg
In reply to Ray Stanvius

by Elena Ivanova -

Actually, you are missing part  the interface on your "Insert image" screenshot as well.
You should see the "Find or Upload an Image" button on top of the Image URL field (login as an admin user to check)

I have to run, but try searching for other areas where your users cannot upload files, this can give out a hint to a solution.

In reply to Elena Ivanova

by Ray Stanvius -

wow your right! Didnt pay enough attention to what the image upload interface should be...ok thanks, will search out for other areas as well and report it back here.

thanks!

In reply to Ray Stanvius

by Sam Mudle -

Moodle 2.1.1

I have the same problem in the Workshop submission.  All other activities like the forum work fine.

In reply to Sam Mudle

by Don Hazelwood -

I have come across this in Moodle 2.2.2 using Chrome & Safari (client didn't test Firefox) on a Mac.

I believe this is happening in all areas where editing occurs.

This is happening to an admin role on the site, however, as an admin myself, I have no problem and am able to see the buttons for both images & embedded media.