Sorry, but you do not currently have permissions to do that (view grades of other users).

Sorry, but you do not currently have permissions to do that (view grades of other users).

by Sandi Lyman -
Number of replies: 4

ERROR:

Sorry, but you do not currently have permissions to do that (view grades of other users).

My students can't view their grades. Here is when it started:

I was setting up the sitewideuser gradebook. I accidentally set the students Moodle/grade:viewall to Allow. When I realized what I had done, I set this property back to Prevent. Then to Prohibit. No matter what I set the gradereport: or user: settings to, the students get the error - Sorry, but you do not currently have permissions to do that (view grades of other users).

The grades had been working perfectly until my error. Can anyone help me with this please.

I am running Moodle 1.9.9

In reply to Sandi Lyman

Re: Sorry, but you do not currently have permissions to do that (view grades of other users).

by Teresa Gibbison -

Hi Sandi

You could set the permissions like I have on our site (which have not been altered at all) and test again...

View own grades = Allow
View grades of other users = Not set

It looks like the default access is to prevent viewing then the capabilities are sifted through in the code to determine if this should be allowed, perhaps the Prevent has blocked it - hopefully the 'Not Set' might fix it for you.

I hope this works smile
Cheers
Teresa

In reply to Teresa Gibbison

FIXED - Re: Sorry, but you do not currently have permissions to do that (view grades of other users).

by Sandi Lyman -

Teresa, thank you for your assistant. I changed the values back to the default, reset the Student properties and still received the error.

FOUND THE FIX
For some reason the database itself didn't reset the permissions. I found the code PHPMyAdmin in mdl_role_capabilities roleid = 5 (student) moodle/grade:viewall and had to reset the permission to 1. The permission was stuck on -1 and would not reset.

In reply to Sandi Lyman

Re: FIXED - Re: Sorry, but you do not currently have permissions to do that (view grades of other users).

by Jaswant Tak -

Hi,

To me I set "View your own Grades Report" as Allow for Authenticated User Role and evrything is working I can see the Grade report now.

Thanks,

Jaswant

In reply to Jaswant Tak

Re: FIXED - Re: Sorry, but you do not currently have permissions to do that (view grades of other users).

by vijay raghavan -

hi,

I have a requirement to display quiz questions in some pages other that quiz itself and i am facing an issue with broken images.

i am using the render_question_text method in report.php of mod/quiz... folder problem is i am able to view the images when logged in to admin but getting 

Sorry, but you do not currently have permissions to do that (View statistics report) error when trying the same from user login .

thanks in advance if you can help ..where i need to set "CAPABILITY " as mentioned or if at all i can do so to fix this ..

Attachment screenshotError.png