how to a make a link accesible to only enrolled users

how to a make a link accesible to only enrolled users

by Jamal Aruna -
Number of replies: 3

hi everyone,

Is there a way i can make a link/resource/page or menu accessible to only enrolled users even if he's just registered in a  single course and not just to all registered users?

It could be anywhere though i will prefer it to be on the frontpage but if it has to appear in all courses its still fine.It should only be accessible to users who are enrolled in atleast one course site-wide,not really a particluar course alone.Its a library page link that i want only enrolled users in my school to have access to.Otherwise if  you have a better idea i will be grateful to know what it is.

Thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jamal Aruna

Re: how to a make a link accesible to only enrolled users

by Randy Orwin -

Hi Jamal,

Are you just talking about a link to a resource page somewhere else not on your Moodle site? If it is just a link then I believe you could use a "Sticky block" that would put the link in every course. In this case the course teachers can't move the block or edit it, but it will show up in every course on your server. You can add "Sticky blocks" under site administration->Modules->Blocks->Sticky Blocks. On the page type select "course page" and then add an html block. Edit the block to add your link and it will now show up in every course.

Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for but it might be an option.

Good luck!

In reply to Randy Orwin

by Jamal Aruna -

Thanx Orwin,

Going according to your steps would the link also show on the frontpage?..because i want it to be unaccessible to users who are not enrolled in any course....

In reply to Jamal Aruna

by Randy Orwin -

Hello Jamal,

Creating a sticky block only puts the block inside each of the courses and not on the front page, so a user will have to be enrolled in a course to see the sticky block.