Problem with Backup module

Problem with Backup module

by Richard Watkins -
Number of replies: 6

I've downloaded and installed the course backup module, but I'm having a problem with it.

The backup appears to work fine but fails at the end with the error:

"Zipping backupAbort pclzip.lib.php : Missing zlib extensions"

Not sure what this means, can anyone advise, thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard Watkins

Re: Problem with Backup module

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Is possible that your php installation doen't have the required "zlib" function installed.

More info at: http://si.php.net/manual/en/ref.zlib.php

You can execute a <? phpinfo(); ?> script to see it it's installed. (Must be a "zlib support installed" near the end of the page)

Ciao.
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by Marius Marolla -

I also downloaded and installed the backup module but... Nothing happens smile

First error message says that backup module isn't readable and, when accessing admin area, the second message says that /backup/version.php isn't readable... I renamed "backup_version.php" to "version.php"... I also had to rename "backup_mysql.php" to "mysql.php"... No more error messages, but everything is still "sleeping"... Have you got any idea about this ??? Thank you !!!

In reply to Marius Marolla

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
The backup function can't be added to an existing installation unless you're using the latest nightly versions. It's not really a "module", as it's integrated to all the other modules - so you have to have a copy of backup that matches the version of Moodle you are using.

For now the best way to use the backup function is with a freshly updated CVS copy of Moodle. There should be no need to rename anything - it just works.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Marius Marolla -

Thank you Martin,

everything works fine !!! Now i only have to look if there's a way to dump data in the db from 1.0.9 to 1.1 dev...

Thanks again !!!

In reply to Marius Marolla

by Luca Baldazzi -

Ciao Marius,

Ho letto che hai risolto. Funziona bene il modulo?

In ogni caso se hai bisogno di consigli tecnici sul server (PHP) e sul db mysql puoi farti sentire (anche se, aimè, non fai più parte del "Gruppo" smile ).

Buona vacanza....

Ciao ciao Luca