Elluminate Live Module for Moodle 2.0

Elluminate Live Module for Moodle 2.0

by Dimas Ariawan -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

I'm wondering if anybody else that has EL module integrated in their Moodle site has encountered a similar issue when upgrading to Moodle 2.0.

We did a test upgrade from M1.9.10 to 2.0.2. We have Elluminate Live module installed in our 1.9, and I was aware that the latest version posted here: http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=13&rid=557&filter=1 is for 1.9, but I just thought to give it a try and drop it in the upgraded Moodle 2.0, and indeed was unsuccessful. I then found out on Elluminate's website that they have a bridge package that supports Moodle 2.0 and is available from their download page. So I got the package and was about to install it, but on the new block/ mod confirmation page I noticed that it's called 'elluminate' now, not 'elluminatelive', thus moodle will treat it as a new install instead of an upgrade. I looked at some of the upgrade  and install scripts in the package, and I think all my data in "mdl_elluminatelive_xxxxxxx" tables will not be transferred, which means that currently scheduled meetings will no longer be there and links to the recordings won't appear on the block.

So is there any solution/ workaround/ hint to tackle this. Is the Elluminate Live Module posted in the plugin download page still being supported/ further developed to some extent?

thank you,

Dimas

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dimas Ariawan

Re: Elluminate Live Module for Moodle 2.0

by Valerie Schreiner -

Dimas-

We are absolutely updating and maintaining the Moodle plug in but we did have to make some modifications to support Moodle 2.  I know the work was done and some QA but I am not sure if it's fully realeased yet.  I'll have the responsible product manager comment back here.

Val

In reply to Valerie Schreiner

by John Andrewartha -

Hi Val,

I almost found the Moodle mod for Elluinate.  I end up in a loop in the support page and no download.

You might like to clarifie a couple of points please?

The Moodle Bridge.  I assume by the name it bridges, but to what and how? Is it for multiple rooms or a single room?

Read the same question for the module!

I want to be able to share my single vroom with other staff, as I use it only for about 4 hours a month.

John

by Dimas Ariawan -

Thank you, Valerie. I look forward for the comment/ update. Looking at the upgrade and install script from the package that Elluminate has in their support site for 2.0, it seems like the database table structure remains the same, but I can't say much about the mod and block scripts themselves. So hopefully it's as simple as renaming my db tables and web folder from 'elluminatelive' to 'elluminate', or vice versa.

Dimas

by Dimas Ariawan -

Hi Valerie,

Just wondering if you have any update from the product manager regarding this?

thank you,

Dimas