Max embedded file size

Max embedded file size

by Kimber Warden -
Number of replies: 5

I'm trying to insert a .flv into a lesson, but when I do, I get a message that says the file is too big. Where is the setting to change the max file size in Lesson?

I know the problem isn't related to the site-wide max file size because I can insert the same .flv into a label or a Page Resource.

Thanks for your help!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kimber Warden

Re: Max embedded file size

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Kimber,

What exactly do you mean by "insert a .flv file into a Lesson"? Do you mean in the text of a Question or a Contents Page in a Lesson?

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Kimber Warden -

Sorry for not being more specific. I'm inserting a .flv into a Content Page in 2.0.2.

In reply to Kimber Warden

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Have you checked the Maximum upload size in your Course settings?

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Kimber Warden -

That solved it, Joseph. Thanks! The odd thing is that I was able to insert the video into the same course in other areas, such as a label and an HTML page. Maybe Moodle enforces the upload limit in activities, but not in resources. In any case, problem solved. Thanks so much!