Share student voice files - Moodle 2.0

Share student voice files - Moodle 2.0

by Sue Holtz -
Number of replies: 1

I am looking for a way to have my students upload a voice file to share with the rest in the class. Right now we are attaching the file to a forum post, but that means the other students need to download the file. Is there a way to have students place a file in a repository to share (without instructor intervention)? Or am I in the wrong category?

Thanks, Sue

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sue Holtz

Re: Share student voice files - Moodle 2.0

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Sue. Sharing via forum post is a nice easy way to do this but the other students should not have to download the file - if you get them to upload a multimedia file  via the "film strip" icon in the text editor (see above) then it should play in its own player that students can listen to without the need to download- assuming you have your multimedia filters enabled. I think this is a better way of sharing than having them all placed in a repository (which would still need instructor intervention) because this way, you just click and play. Assuming that is what you want?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)