2.0.1 & 1.9.11 Glossary auto links not working

2.0.1 & 1.9.11 Glossary auto links not working

by Glenys Hanson -
Number of replies: 4

Hi everybody,

Glossary auto links seem not to work any more in Moodle 1.9.11. I've just tested with the same glossary, and the same settings at site and glossary level and autolinking works in 1.9.9 and 1.9.10 but not in 1.9.11. Somebody else on the French forum has reported them not working in 2.0.1 either.

Could other prople confirm this problem before I report it in the Tracker?

Cheers,

Glenys

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Glenys Hanson

Re: 2.0.1 & 1.9.11 Glossary auto links not working (soved for 1.9.11)

by Glenys Hanson -

Hi again,

As far as 1.9.11 is concened it's solved: I'd forgotten to turn on the FILTER.

For bits to turn on - that's quite a lot.

Cheers,

Glenys

Re: 2.0.1 & 1.9.11 Glossary auto links not working

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Glenys,

Glossary autolinks work fine for me on both my 1.9.11 and 2.0.2* local test sites.

*Moodle 2.0.2+ (Build: 20110420)

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Glenys Hanson -

Thanks, Joseph. It was the same problem for 2.0.2: filter not turned on.

As I intended to say in my previous post: four settings to turn on in four different places, seems a lot to me. In Admin, couldn't the filter settings be placed with the other settings of the activities they relate to rather than off in a section of their own?

Cheers,

Glenys

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I quite agree with you, Glenys. Actually, considering the Glossary autolinks feature is - to me - such an indispensable feature or Moodle, I would very much like all those settings to be turned ON by default, not OFF... But I expect the "powers that be" at Moodle HQ have decided otherwise, to make Moodle display pages faster...

ATB,

Joseph