Just getting started with this

Just getting started with this

by Amy Bellinger -
Number of replies: 2

http://nsc.learnandteachonline.com/

Not bad for one long night, but I'll probably look at in a week and wonder what I admired about it. Isn't that the way it goes? Calling it "siamese."

I am so psyched. After more than a year of just playing around with the program and not really having anybody to teach, I finally have a real use for Moodle.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Amy Bellinger

Re: Just getting started with this

by Ralph Blakeslee -

Amy,

I think it looks great!  I like the color scheme.  Easy on the eyes.  Could you explain a little what went into the theme construction?  I particularly like the use of the letter icons for the different modules.

Also, on a side note, is the NSC a client or do you work for them directly?  It has been years since I heard of them - I use to be a volunteer EMT in my salad days!

Ralph

In reply to Ralph Blakeslee

Re: Just getting started with this

by Amy Bellinger -

> use to be a volunteer EMT

No kidding? Cool. I'm on staff for NSC in Chicago. I do web stuff. The Council has been a little slow to get into online learning in some areas, relying mostly on revenue split partners, with mixed results. The driving program was taken by something like 100k people last year but the other safety areas have been disappointing. New emergency care stuff with McGraw Hill is looking pretty good.

I still think we could make some simple things on our own, so I was happy to be able to start this test with a small semi-internal audience.

>a little what went into the theme construction

Mmm... I'm not really any kind of artist (journalism major, actually) but sometimes, and in this case, the way I tackled it was by grabbing a screen cap of the classic white theme and futzing around with it as a comp in Photoshop first, then cropping out the title graphic and playing with the colors by filling in areas to see how they looked.