"Incorrect file pool" exception when restoring a 2.0.2 course

"Incorrect file pool" exception when restoring a 2.0.2 course

by Mike Kelly -
Number of replies: 4

We're running Moodle 2.0.2 on a PostgreSQL 9.0.3 db, with PHP 5.3.3 (CentOS 5.6).

I'm running into a problem with backup/restores of some (not all) courses. Backing up a course works fine, but restoring (to a different course on the same server) sometimes returns the following:

Default exception handler: Incorrect pool file content da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709. Debug: 
* line 1031 of /lib/filestorage/file_storage.php: file_pool_content_exception thrown
* line 779 of /lib/filestorage/file_storage.php: call to file_storage->add_file_to_pool()
* line 720 of /backup/util/dbops/restore_dbops.class.php: call to file_storage->create_file_from_pathname()
* line 219 of /backup/util/plan/restore_structure_step.class.php: call to restore_dbops::send_files_to_pool()
* line 97 of /mod/assignment/backup/moodle2/restore_assignment_stepslib.php: call to restore_structure_step->add_related_files()
* line 356 of /backup/util/plan/restore_structure_step.class.php: call to restore_assignment_activity_structure_step->after_execute()
* line 108 of /backup/util/plan/restore_structure_step.class.php: call to restore_structure_step->launch_after_execute_methods()
* line 153 of /backup/util/plan/base_task.class.php: call to restore_structure_step->execute()
* line 170 of /backup/moodle2/restore_activity_task.class.php: call to base_task->execute()
* line 148 of /backup/util/plan/base_plan.class.php: call to restore_activity_task->execute()
* line 157 of /backup/util/plan/restore_plan.class.php: call to base_plan->execute()
* line 299 of /backup/controller/restore_controller.class.php: call to restore_plan->execute()
* line 144 of /backup/util/ui/restore_ui.class.php: call to restore_controller->execute_plan()
* line 39 of /backup/restore.php: call to restore_ui->execute()

Any ideas? We aren't mucking about in the moodledata directory. Ownership, permissions and disk space are all correct/adequate.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mike Kelly

Re: "Incorrect file pool" exception when restoring a 2.0.2 course

by Walter Draffin -

Same problem discussed here.

In reply to Walter Draffin

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

by Walter Draffin -
Sorry for the confusion. I was actually just referring to my post on that thread. I found your post, which is really where my post should have gone, after I had submitted it there. I am having problems backing up and restoring from the same version like you are. That post just had a lot of the same symptoms as my problem except on the upgrade instead of backup and restore.
In reply to Deleted user

by Scott Succow -

Same problem here.  Fresh install of 2.1.1+.  Created a test course with one file.  Restore worked as you said with no activities, tried with only the file activity and error.  Tried with the forum activity and no error.

Looking at the first error "line 1062 of /lib/filestorate/file_pool_content_exception thrown" I assume it is a file structure problem.

As I need to copy over 75 courses, it would be extreemly time consuming to create each one from scratch, so I need to be able to restore as soon as possible.

Did you ever get a solution for this????

Any help would be appreciated.