Problem in new module creation

Problem in new module creation

by Gopalakrishnan N -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,

I have installed moodle 2.0.2+ in my system. Currently, I am trying to create the new module. I downloaded the zip file for New Module from the following url:http://docs.moodle.org/en/Development:NEWMODULE_Documentation#Base_module_folder_content .

I followed the instruction given (upto step5) in the following url: http://docs.moodle.org/en/Development:NEWMODULE_Tutorial.

When I login into admin panel notification page, it listing all the modules with its status. For my new module it shows “Non-standard (about to be installed)”. If I click on upgrade button, it gives the following error message:

'Plugin "mod_widget" is defective or outdated, can not continue, sorry.'.

Stack trace:

• line 462 of \lib\upgradelib.php: plugin_defective_exception thrown

• line 265 of \lib\upgradelib.php: call to upgrade_plugins_modules()

• line 1425 of \lib\upgradelib.php: call to upgrade_plugins()

• line 311 of \admin\index.php: call to upgrade_noncore()

It will be great, if any one can guide me to proceed on the new module creation.

Regards,
Gopalakrishnan

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gopalakrishnan N

Re: Problem in new module creation

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello there. I am not a coder but I suspect (and I took a look at the documentation you reference as well) that the module tutorial and therefore the module you have made are for 1.9 and things work differently in 2.0 - and that could well be why it doesn't work. The tutorial will need updating, sorry.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Gopalakrishnan N -

Thank you for your reply. Now I installed Moodle 1.9.11+. and new module creation is working fine. I guess the given New Module setup and tutorial is correct for only moodle 1.9.

Any one Could you please say, Where can I get the New module set up for Moodle 2.0+ ?

In reply to Gopalakrishnan N

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I am not sure there is documentation for new modules yet - hopefully it will be around soon.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Gopalakrishnan N -

Hi Mary Cooch,

Thanks again for your information.