Enrolment in TOPICS

Enrolment in TOPICS

by Liz Renshaw -
Number of replies: 3

I need to be able to enrol learners in different enrolment options

1. full course with 10 topics

2. discrete topics within a course.

Discrete topic enrolment needed for gap training.  Learner groups/individuals  in option 1 and option 2 would be different.

Can someone let me know where to start with thinking about how to make this happen please?  tongueout  Has anyone out in Moodle world set up moodle this way ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Liz Renshaw

Re: Enrolment in TOPICS

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

You can't easily do this in Moodle- enrol into topics and not the rest of the course - have you thought of making these topics into individual courses? Then it would be easier to enrol the students either into all of them or just a couple? If you absolutely have to do this in one course then I think you would have to enrol all learners in option 1 and 2 into the course but use groupings to make visible only the resources in the relevant topics for those needing gap training in option 2. Groupings enable you to hide resources from one group and show to another.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Liz Renshaw -

Thanks Mary, gone with changing topics to courses seemed the best way.wink

In reply to Liz Renshaw

by Michael Penney -

Has anyone out in Moodle world set up moodle this way ?

Not exactly, but our ELIS Program/Curriculum Manager for Moodle enables our users to do this kind of training - in ELIS each "topic" would be a course in a program.

Average of ratings: Very cool (1)