Book Module Installation

Book Module Installation

by Debbie Rice -
Number of replies: 3

I have installed the book module using the documentation in Moodle.

I am currenlty using Moodle 1.9.10+ version.

The folder is viewable in the Moodle folder structure and I did extract the folder from the zipped file.

When I select the Notification link in the administrative site, the update is not occuring.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Debbie Rice

Re: Book Module Installation

by Joachim Vogelgesang -

Hi Debbie,

did you download the correct version (for 1.9.)? Unzipped book folder must be in ...moodle/mod (not ...moodle/blocks); when you go to Site Administration Modules Activities Manage activities, can you see the book activity module? With phpMyAdmin you can make out whether your book module (mdl_book) is installed in your database.

Correctly installed you will find book in 'Add a resource' not in 'Add an activity'

HTH,

Joachim

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Joachim Vogelgesang

by Debbie Rice -

Thanks Joachim,

The key was to have the book folder in the moodle/mod folder... i had simply placed in the root Moodle folder.

Once I moved the book folder in to the mod folder and logged into Moodle administratively the update launched and completely without error.

Thank you for your quick response. Our teachers will be happy.

In reply to Debbie Rice

by gil Nichols -

Hello, Have a problem with installing book module for moodle2 and would appreciate some help please.I have extracted the latest version to folder in mod(book) as per screen shot.Last night when I went back to my Moodle and clicked on notifications,the next  screen shot came up.After pressing update  the screen says updating to new version mod_book and then it appears to stall.

When I opened Moodle this morning and logged in the notifications screen  showing the book module non standard etc appears straight away.There must be some part of the  instal that I am not doing correctly causing it to stall.

Attachment bookinstal.jpg