Scorm reports - Retrieving feedback

Scorm reports - Retrieving feedback

ved Charlie Aitken -
Antal besvarelser: 7

Moodle Ver. 1.9.6

E-Learning systems administrator

First off I'm new to Moodle, so apologies if this has been covered before.

My question is based round retrieving user data/feedback from Scorm Objects.

Let me set the scene, currently the Instructional designer uses Articulate Studio 09 to create various Scorm objects. As part of the Scorm object the user has to complete a feedback section. Currently I’m collecting the feedback manually from the Scorm report for each user a lot of copy & pasting very time consuming. The ideal solution would be to collect these details automatically in a csv file and manipulate into a coherent report using Excel.

I've attached a screen shot of the data i would like to collect

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Bilag Feedback Example.jpg
Gennemsnitsbedømmelse: -
I svar til Charlie Aitken

Re: Scorm reports - Retrieving feedback

ved Under Dog -

Hey Charlie,

I feel your pain...I am in the same boat!  Moodle 2.0 and Articulate.....I need the same functionality.

See the post I started here.

If you get anywhere, let me know.

Good Luck!

Daev

ved Dan Marsden -
Billede af Core developers Billede af Particularly helpful Moodlers Billede af Peer reviewers Billede af Plugin developers Billede af Plugins guardians Billede af Testers Billede af Translators

Moodle 2.0 allows you to export that data to Excel in an easier manner, but the data itself still looks the same - If you're looking for fancy reports you should check out the Commercial Rustici SCORM engine - it integrates with Moodle and has some pretty reports.

Otherwise - you could contract a Moodle Partner to improve the reporting in SCORM to meet your requirements.

I svar til Dan Marsden

ved Charlie Aitken -

Hi Dan

Thanks for the info.Have you seen solutions for this type of request developed by Moodle partners in action? .

ved Dan Marsden -
Billede af Core developers Billede af Particularly helpful Moodlers Billede af Peer reviewers Billede af Plugin developers Billede af Plugins guardians Billede af Testers Billede af Translators

I'm not sure what you're asking....

the answer could be "every day" - (check out my profile)  - most of the work we do is shared back with the community... and in the case of SCORM I push our work back directly into Core so that everyone gets the benefit.

I haven't seen anything that meets your requirements directly in Moodle except for using the Commercial Rustici engine or the Kineo SCORM report(see other posts in this forum) which may/may not do what you want.

I svar til Dan Marsden

ved James Roberts -

Dan,

I realize that this is an old thread but I am struggling with retrieving information saved by a Scorm package (1.2) into Moodle (2.4) and so it seems that this is the appropriate place to put my query.

I have a Scorm package that I created myself and it saves information in the cmi.comments field. I know this because from within the package itself, I can save information there, leave Moodle and then later retrieve it as an alert. Unfortunately, this information (the cmi.comments field) does not show up in the Moodle report for this specific Scorm package. (At present, the Moodle report only includes a few fields such as score and completion.)

Is there a setting somewhere in Moodle setup where Scorm fields are selected to be included in a report downloadable to Excel?  The Moodle administrator at my institution is somewhat new to the game and I would like to give him some direction in the event this is the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

James Roberts

I svar til James Roberts

ved Dan Marsden -

Hi James, 

Unfortunately none of the formatted reports include cmi.comments at this stage - we do have an open tracker request to add it here: 

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-28928

but afaik you're only the 2nd person to ever request this.

The only place it appears is on the users track details report (which can be exported to excel in newer Moodle releases)

I svar til James Roberts

ved Ron Meske -
Billede af Particularly helpful Moodlers

James,

The way we pull information that is not currently in a standard Moodle report, we use the Ad-hoc database query plug-in.  This allows us to pull the exact information we want.  There is also the Configurable Reports plug-in that can be used, but when it comes to SCORM data you still need to write the SQL queries yourself to pull the information.

Ron