Moodle 2.0 STABLE vs 2.1dev codebase

Moodle 2.0 STABLE vs 2.1dev codebase

by Joseph Rézeau -
Number of replies: 11
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi all developers.

I maintain a moodle 2.0 test site on my local machine, updating it through GIT. Don't know what I've been doing recently with GIT, but now whenever I launch my moodle site I get the warning message:

WARNING: this site is using 2.1dev codebase, please make sure this is is not a production server!!!

Yet, my GIT branch points to "MOODLE_20_STABLE. How can I have on my machine a version which is both "STABLE" and "DEV"?

Confusedly yours,

Joseph

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Moodle 2.0 STABLE vs 2.1dev codebase

by Patrick Pollet -

Same problems here using  sync via CVS against eu.cvs.moodle.org.

I had to change my usual update command from

cvs update -dP 

to

cvs update -dP -r MOODLE_20_WEEKLY

Looks like MOODLE_20_STABLE branch is now pointing to HEAD ???

Cheers.

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Your local branch must not be following MOODLE_20_STABLE. Do

gitk HEAD origin/MOODLE_20_STABLE &

That should let you see whether your code really is following the MOODLE_20_STABLE branch.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

"Your local branch must not be following MOODLE_20_STABLE."

Does "must" mean it "should not" or "it should"... be following MOODLE_20_STABLE?

If I do the command you mention, this is what I get as a result:

Auteur: Joseph Rezeau <joseph@rezeau.org>  2011-04-14 17:21:58
Auteur du commit: Joseph Rezeau <joseph@rezeau.org>  2011-04-14 17:21:58
Parent: e279ce1b92505ec982a8f7d4eebcfab6879ddc6e (Merge branch 'MOODLE_20_STABLE' of https://github.com/moodle/moodle into MOODLE_20_STABLE)
Parent: 50467e50c947698d36afcbc6b2c6a3328ffd6eba (weekly release 2.0.2+)
Branche: MOODLE_20_STABLE
Suit: v2.0.2
Précède:
Merge branch 'MOODLE_20_STABLE' of https://github.com/moodle/moodle into MOODLE_20_STABLE

What does this mean?

Joseph

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I mean "from the evidence you give, it must be the case that your MOODLE_20_STABLE branch is not in synch with the official one."

You have only copied part of the screen. The bit that is most useful is the tree view of all the commits in the top left of the gitk view. Can you screen-grab that?

Do you have any customisations to the code? If you are trying to run plain MOODLE_20_STABLE with no customisations, then you can do

git branch backup_branch
git reset --hard origin/MOODLE_20_STABLE

but be careful, reset --hard can does overwrite data, so don't make a mistake using it wink

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Joseph Rézeau -

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your patience! Here is the top part of the gitk screen as requested. And yes, I do have customisation in that local install...

Joseph

Attachment 15-04-2011 09-12-00-30.jpg

by Tim Hunt -

OK, so that is what you would expect to see. Perhaps the next thing to try is the command

git log qe2_wip..

That should show you all the commits you made to make local customisations. If there are any commits that you don't recognise in the output of that command, then that will probably be your problem.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by sam marshall -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Tim meant:

git log MOODLE_20_STABLE..

--sam

In reply to sam marshall

by Joseph Rézeau -

Sam, if I issue that command, nothing happens...

So back to square 1 : how can I have on my local machine a MOODLE 2.0 STABLE version, and get rid of the warning telling me that I am following 2.1 dev?

Joseph

by Hubert Chathi -

Try "git log origin/MOODLE_20_STABLE.."

In reply to Hubert Chathi

by Joseph Rézeau -

Hi Hubert,

tried your command "git log origin/MOODLE_20_STABLE.." and got that:

commit 12215a4acc853ee9c58ec4a47596e3e71e54ed1f
Merge: e279ce1 50467e5
Author: Joseph Rezeau <joseph@rezeau.org>
Date:   Thu Apr 14 17:21:58 2011 +0200

Merge branch 'MOODLE_20_STABLE' of https://github.com/moodle/moodle into MOO

commit e279ce1b92505ec982a8f7d4eebcfab6879ddc6e
Merge: ffd8348 eb9d692
Date:   Wed Apr 6 18:39:04 2011 +0200

commit ffd8348869a20df2f8c69b7c1ff81b2360ec88ae
Merge: dae6b38 408612d
Date:   Tue Apr 5 11:43:36 2011 +0200

Conflicts:
version.php

:

---

what next ?

Joseph

PS.- Just noticed that the Warning message I mentioned in my original post is located in moodle/index.php and there is a comment there which says it should be removed. so I am removing it anyway...

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Joseph Rézeau -

Hi Tim,

this is what I get:

C:\server\htdocs\moodlegit20\moodle>git log qe2_wip..
fatal: ambiguous argument 'qe2_wip..': unknown revision or path not in the worki
ng tree.
Use '--' to separate paths from revisions