Making sense of SCORM data/report

Making sense of SCORM data/report

by Under Dog -
Number of replies: 7

Hello,

I am using Moodle 2.0 and Articulate Presenter and Quiz Maker to produce SCORM 1.2 packages.  When I look at the data from Moodle about a SCORM quiz, it's not in a format that is readily digestable.

For example, I was trying to review some quiz results and find out what answers they got wrong, but it was like trying decipher Chinese!

I have attached a screen shot for a quick look.

Is there a tool or plug in available to help with this?

Many thanks!

Dave

Attachment Moodle Help Screenshot.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Under Dog

Re: Making sense of SCORM data/report

by Under Dog -

Would the Kineo SCORM Report plugin work with Moodle 2.0?

Has anybody had any experience with this one?

Thanks for the help!

Dave

In reply to Under Dog

by Under Dog -

Hello,

Can somebody point me in the right direction for the Kineo plug in for something like this?

Cheers,

Dave

In reply to Under Dog

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

The lack of response here should indicate  to you that no-one has got the Kineo report working under 2.0 - probably no one has even tried at this stage.

In reply to Under Dog

by Erika Rocha -

Hi Dave,

I'm new with Moodle and SCORM. I'm working with a SCORM created by Lectora and the same results tracking show on my course. I've also divided the questions into categories, so I can provide better feedback to the students, regarding the area they should work harder on. I find it very hard to decipher the results as well, specially since not all the variables show with each question (sometimes it shows the id, latency, correct answer, student answer, time, etc., and sometimes it doesn't show any of the mentioned variables).

If you find the way to solve this, please let me know, because it is VERY important that I have that report.

Thank you!

-Erika

In reply to Erika Rocha

by Under Dog -

Hello Erika,

What version of Moodle are you using?  If you are not using Moodle 2.0, you may want to look at Kineo's solution.

If you are using Moodle 2.0 like I am....at the moment we are stuffed.  I received an email from Kineo stating they plan to update their plug in to handle 2.0, but that is not planned until 'hopefully the end of the year'.

I will put the ball back in your court and say the same....if you find anything out, let me know.

Good luck!

-Dave

In reply to Under Dog

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

The commercial Rustici SCORM engine which can integrate with Moodle has some improved reporting - otherwise you could always contract a Moodle Partner to improve the reporting in SCORM to provide pretty graphs/reporting etc.

But - the data you have will always be dependant on how your SCORM package has been created - and the information it passes back to the LMS.

In reply to Under Dog

by Dan Marsden -

FYI I've just created MDL-27256 to cover the feature request to improve the reporting around questions/answers - any further feedback/ideas/votes are welcome on that bug!