Moodle in non-traditional settings

Moodle in non-traditional settings

by Dave Nuttall -
Number of replies: 2

I see great potential for using Moodle in non-traditional (read 'not associated with institutions of higher learning') within the U.S., particularly as a key piece in a "learning organization's knowledge management architecture".

However, we will need at least one key system-level addition:  Presentation of privacy policies and acknowledgement by all non-administrative users that they are aware of/have read/acknowledge receipt of the site's "privacy policies" and what is or is not done with personal information collected.

If Moodle were used by U.S. government entities, I think it would also have to present most course materials in compliance with a U.S. federal law that mandates accessibility of web-sites by persons with certain sensory limitations/handicaps.  It is known as "Section 508" and the full story is maintained at http://www.section508.gov/ for anyone interested.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dave Nuttall

Re: Moodle in non-traditional settings

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
(BTW, these sorts of posts would be more usefully posted in "Using Moodle", rather than this forum, Dave)

US government entities are not really my target market wink but if you would like to convert these ideas into a checkpoint list of things that need to be done then I'll certainly be keen to add them to the pile for future consideration! smile