phpbb

phpbb

by martins brakmanis -
Number of replies: 4

hi, can somebody told me about phpbb integrating in moodle, i find very info how to integrate in normal web page, but i need to integrate phpbb board in moodle...

plkease help me...

Average of ratings: -
In reply to martins brakmanis

Re: phpbb

by Leo Stagg -

Sorry there is no support for phpBB

In reply to Leo Stagg

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

phpBB is a "standalone" PHP Application. That is you can install it into a server environment and have it run as is. To incorporate it into Moodle is a vastly different matter. That is why there is no support for it. It uses the same dbms to run, but that is no guarrantee that it will be able to run in Moodle. If a number of these phpApps just used common login and authentication processes, life would be so much easier..smile

In reply to Colin Fraser

by Leo Stagg -

At the end of the day, if your remote server allows for multiple databases, like Hetzner does, you can simply point your users to the phpBB solution opening it either in a new window or in a new tab. Users have to register anyway, or usually depending on the way you like to setup your forums, so it does not need to run inside the Moodle frontend.

In reply to Leo Stagg

by Stelios Kessanidis -

I'm working on a bridge that will permit smooth passing from phpBB to Moodle but not the oposite way.
So, once you will be logged in in phpBB you will be able to move ahead in Moodle.
However there are certain difficulties caused by the "cryptography" of users' data.