HotPot module for moodle does not always work (moodle 2.0)

HotPot module for moodle does not always work (moodle 2.0)

by Sergi Mola -
Number of replies: 3

Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Mainly, the first time works. The following doesn't.

The javascript errors I get:

JQuiz is not defined
window.HP = new JQuiz('','0');

And then, everytime I try to check (for instance) if a question is
corect I get:

HP is not defined
HP.onclickCheck(args);
Is there any way I can fix that¿??

Thank you!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sergi Mola

Re: HotPot module for moodle does not always work (moodle 2.0)

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

If you get the first error, then you will get a multitude of other errors, including those reported. So we have to fix that first error.

Do you think your server might be under a heavy load? For example, does it host several (hundreds of!) other Moodle sites as well as yours?

One thing to check is whether or not your HotPot cache is enabled, as that will not only lighten the load but make it impossible for the "HP" object to be there one moment and gone the next.

• Settings -> Site administration -> Plugins -> Activity modules -> HotPot -> Enable HotPot cache

I suggest you try clearing then HotPot cache, then make sure it is enabled, and re-run the HotPot activity.

If you continue to have problems, please try the JQuiz on my server and let me know if it behaves any differently.

cheers
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Sergi Mola -

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for your support.

I already had the "Enable HotPot cache" enabled.

Once I clear the HotPot cache, works fine ONLY the first attempt. It doesn't the following ones.

I've uploaded one activity to your site but it works fine there.

I don't think what might be wrong in mine because happens the same thing in a server I have online and a server I have in my local computer.

Neither of them host more than one Moodle and that Moodle is only accessible by 4 people top.

I hope you can help me.

Sergi.

In reply to Sergi Mola

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Sergi,
thank you once again for reporting this issue. I have finally found time to investigate it and fix it. Once you have installed the following version of the HotPot module, you will be able to enable t hte HotPot cache and the HotPot activities will be generated more quickly and with less loadon the server.

best regards
Gordon