Dropping lowest non-double weighted lab?

Dropping lowest non-double weighted lab?

by Adam Smith -
Number of replies: 3

Hi there.

Some of my lab assignments are double weighted. But, I also have it set to drop the lowest lab grade.  If there are two zeros, one of them double weighted, one of the single weighted, which one will get dropped? Does moodle make a distinction like that?

In reply to Adam Smith

Re: Dropping lowest non-double weighted lab?

by Bob Puffer -
What's it mean to be "double-weighted"?
In reply to Bob Puffer

by Adam Smith -

By double weighted I mean that the grade catagory is set with Weighted Mean of Grades and the ones that are double weighted have a weight of 2.  Single weighted grades have a weight of 1.

I do this so that labs in which real serious work is done, the grade would be more valuable than a lab where they get a 100 for showing up.

But, I also allow to have the lowest lab dropped. And I was wondering if Moodle makes a distinction between dropping weighted labs.

In reply to Adam Smith

by Bob Puffer -

From the function /lib/grade/grade_category.php:aggregate_grades() the function apply_limit_rules() is accessed prior to the function aggregate_values() (which arrives at the aggregated grade), so... the standard Moodle grade reports don't take into account weighting before they drop lowest or keep highest.