I have two issues that I need help with. Our course is video-based. This basically means that we have taken our dvds and created 30 minute streaming videos for the student to watch.
- Our course has 11 topics.
- Each topic has ~16 hours of video.
- The video is distributed within lessons. 4 lessons with 8-30 minute video 'questions'.
- Each lesson is dependent upon the previous lesson with a time restriction in place (couldn't get the lesson to mark completed)
- The time restriction is required as we are licensed in two states and needed a way to show that the student was taking a 500 hour course.
- Students can enroll at any time. So student 1 can start June 1 and student 2 can start july 17 and they both enroll in and take the same course (it's either this or create 12 duplicate course which would make it too complicated for the administrators.
1. First problem: The time restriction doesn't seem to work. I have a student account and have tried spending many hours in a lesson and when I attempt to access the next lesson my message is that the time requirement was not met.
2. Second problem. We want the students to go through all the video before taking the quiz. I configured the 'link to an activity' to allow the student to take the quiz after viewing section 4 video, and I hid the quiz. Now I see that hiding the quiz makes it inaccessible to students. period.
So I guess I am having trouble configuring the course so that a student is forced to review the video content and only after can take the quiz.
Can anyone see a different way that I can configure the course with these conditions being met?
Thanks so much. I really appreciate your input.