cannot install moodle 2.0.2 help me please !!!

cannot install moodle 2.0.2 help me please !!!

by piyanuch ronsirichairattana -
Number of replies: 9
Server check It is required that you store all your data in Unicode format (UTF-8). New installations must be performed into databases that have their default character set as Unicode. If you are upgrading, you should perform the UTF-8 migration process (see the Admin page) i don't know how to solve this problem ...
Average of ratings: -
In reply to piyanuch ronsirichairattana

Re: cannot install moodle 2.0.2 help me please !!!

by reg phenna -

Are you upgrading or is it a brand new install?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to reg phenna

ตอบ: Re: cannot install moodle 2.0.2 help me please !!!

it's a brand new install and host operating system Linux 6.0 Squeeze

Re: ตอบ: Re: cannot install moodle 2.0.2 help me please !!!

by Daniel Klein -

If you are using phpMyAdmin you can change the default database collation very easily. You need to set it to utf8_general_ci (faster) or utf8_unicode_ci (more accurate).

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Daniel Klein

ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: cannot install moodle 2.0.2 help me please !!!

it's do not change

Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: cannot install moodle 2.0.2 help me please !!!

by Mike Walters -

You should be able to change it although you may be trying to do it in the wrong place.

If you can get into phpMyAdmin and click on your moodle 2+ database you should see a screen that looks like:

phpmyadmin screen

If you change the collation at the bottom to utf8_unicode_ci and click Go you should be all good.

Hope it works

Mike

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mike Walters

ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: cannot install moodle 2.0.2 help me please !!!

I already did as your mention but it is still not working. This page is still loading too much time. Please kindly help me resolve this thank you.

Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: cannot install moodle 2.0.2 help me please !!!

by Daniel Klein -

If your site doesn't have enough memory it can get stuck in a "redirection loop". This is what happened to me. To fix the problem I had to increase the memory limit in every directory that Moodle runs in to 128M. To check how much memory you have available you can save a "phpinfo.php" file in the directory and view it in your browser. The contents of the phpinfo.php file should be:

<?php phpinfo(); ?> 

Check the results for "memory_limit". Depending on how your server is configured it can be different in each directory.

In reply to Daniel Klein

ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: cannot install moodle 2.0.2 help me please !!!

Thank you very verymuch , finally i can install moodle 2.0 ^___^ Thank you everybody......