Using iPads with Moodle

Using iPads with Moodle

autor Cindy Bartlett -
Počet odpovědí: 17

Has anyone been using an iPad with Moodle?  How does it work for you?  How do you handle uploading files into Moodle?  Could this replace a laptop for 1:1 computing?

Průměr hodnocení: -
V odpovědi na Cindy Bartlett

Re: Using iPads with Moodle

autor Judy Steidl -
I am responding with my iPad. Moodle reformats beautifully! I haven't uploaded files and I don't recommend the iPad keyboard for long writing assignments, but I depend on it for checking on my students at www.weeklywriter.org
V odpovědi na Judy Steidl

autor Claire Browne -

Hello,

My teachers are using the Ipad to mark Moodle quizzes and assignments. We are going to be trialing Moodle Mobile when it is realeased, because teachers find they are using Ipads, Itouch or Iphones more now than a computer.

V odpovědi na Claire Browne

autor Cindy Bartlett -

Do you think the mobile devices can replace using computers for Moodle?  Some at our school want to move from computers for students to iPads, but can the iPad fully function with Moodle, e.g., can students upload documents for assignment submissions?

autor Claire Browne -

I do not think Ipad's could replace computers because they do not cover a  area of disability enough for me.

V odpovědi na Judy Steidl

autor Cindy Bartlett -

Thanks for your input.  It seems that iPad is not quite at the point that a student or teacher could depend on using it exclusively for participation in a Moodle course.

autor Anthony Borrow -
Obrázek: Core developers Obrázek: Plugin developers Obrázek: Testers

Cindy - I'm not sure I agree that the iPad itself is not sufficient to use Moodle but I think you could structure things so that that use would be more effective/efficient. For example, if a school is making use of Google Docs and Moodle 2.0 access to files becomes less of an issue. A student could use safari to write their documents and then upload them via the Google Docs File Repository. Forums and quizzes should work just fine. I'd be curious what activities folks think might not work as well. Peace - Anthony

V odpovědi na Anthony Borrow

autor Judy Steidl -

The largest issue for me is the keyboard.  If there is a workaround for that, I think it would not be an issue.

V odpovědi na Anthony Borrow

autor Rob Johnson -

"I'd be curious what activities folks think might not work as well."

I think most SCORM content would be non-functional on an iPad because of Flash.  I am curious if a Flash heavy SCORM package would play as expected on some of the newer Android tablets/phones that have Flash integrated with the browser.

Rob

autor Stephen Henneberry -

I use my iPad with Moodle quite a bit.  Although I do all of my heavy work in the office on my Mac, I use the iPad in class all the time.  I use the iPad as a portable assessment device with Moodle, as I carry it as I walk around the classroom.  By setting up an "offline activity" Assignment ahead of time, I can do "walkabout assessment" while students are on task in class.  Setting up "Quick grading" for the assignment makes it easy to enter grades for students on the fly.

I also use the iPad for student-teacher discussions in class, as it allows me to call up student data by the student's desk.  This is far less intimidating on the students than calling them up to stand by my laptop at the front of the class.

I gave a short presentation on this a while back at a MoodleMoot in Japan where Martin was the keynote speaker.  He mentioned that there is an iPad/iPod app in the works during his keynote, and that it may come out with Moodle 2.1 or 2.2.  So, we have that to look forward to. zubit se

autor Joan Kay -

I have not found a way to upload files in Moodle using the iPad. I would LOVE to know how. Moodle is an important part of our instruction and we want to pilot ipads but.....we have to be able to upload files for assignments. 

If not an ipad - anyone have another e-pad device they suggest?

V odpovědi na Joan Kay

autor Rob Johnson -

I recently purchased a Motorola Xoom tablet.  It runs Android 3.0, and I can browse the file system and upload with no problem.  It also supports Flash, so Flash heavy SCORM/IMS packages function as expected.  I have never used an iPad, so I can't offer a comparison, but I am happy with the Xoom.

Rob

V odpovědi na Joan Kay

autor Joan Kay -

I am not able to upload files on the ipad. I downloaded mTouch+ and it is pretty cool. I am still working out some issue but it is a nice easy software package. $2.99 app

V odpovědi na Joan Kay

autor Stephen Henneberry -
lHNcJtD I saved this image to my iPad, uploaded it to my DropBox Public folder, and used some hand written HTML to embed it. It takes a little extra effort, but it works... There is no reason that you can't do this with other files as well. Thanks for motivating me to look into this. This will come in handy.

autor Marco Marino -

I tried using moodle on IPAD.
IPAD does not support flash.
Have any of you found a solution?
Do you know any software to create scorm no flash?
Thanks