Rating Glossary Entries

Rating Glossary Entries

от Diane Clawson -
Количество ответов: 5

My students are entering glossary words which I rate at one point each. Each student will do a total of 24 words for this unit.

I want the grade report to show the total of ratings. Instead it shows the highest rating.

I don't see a setting on update glossary that will take the grade from highest to total.

Can you help?

Thanks!

В ответ на Diane Clawson

Re: Rating Glossary Entries

от Joseph Rézeau -
Изображение пользователя Core developers Изображение пользователя Particularly helpful Moodlers Изображение пользователя Plugin developers Изображение пользователя Testers Изображение пользователя Translators

Hi Diane,

The problem seems to be that, unlike the Forum activity, the Glossary activity does not feature an "Aggregate type" setting*.

One workaround (for Moodle 1.9) in your case is as follows - tried and tested, it works!

1. In your Glossary settings, Grade, select 24.
  2. When you grade your students' entries, give each entry a score of 24/24 if it's OK for you and 0/24 otherwise.
  3. When you have submitted all those Glossary grades, if you go to the Gradebook you will see that the students get a grade out of 24, which I hope is what you wanted.
  4. Example: if for one student you grade 18 of his 24 entries 24//24 and grade the remaining 6 entries 0/24, his final score for that activity will be 18/24. See attached screenshot.

Hope that helps.

Joseph

*EDIT.- This "bug" has been fixed in Moodle 2.

Приложение 30-03-2011 18-06-45.jpg
В ответ на Joseph Rézeau

от Diane Clawson -

Thanks for the help. I tried your suggestion and it works like you said.

Now, when a student enters only 10 glossary words, his/her grade will still show 24, even though he/she has only done 10.

So the problem still exists. Is there another angle to take? A work-around?

Thanks!

Diane

В ответ на Diane Clawson

от Joseph Rézeau -
Изображение пользователя Core developers Изображение пользователя Particularly helpful Moodlers Изображение пользователя Plugin developers Изображение пользователя Testers Изображение пользователя Translators

Diane,

As I said in my earlier post, this is a bug in Moodle 1.9, which has been fixed in 2.0 and I see no other workaround than the one I posted.

Joseph

В ответ на Joseph Rézeau

от Mat Dolton -

So can I ask then, with me having Moodle 2.0.2 when I have students that have to do 10 entries to the Glossary, and I mark them 10/10 for each one they submit, how do I know that they have submitted them all without actually sitting there and counting them all?

Sorry for the stupid question (if it turns out to be thus)