Rating Glossary Entries

Rating Glossary Entries

Diane Clawson-mit -
Antal besvarelser: 5

My students are entering glossary words which I rate at one point each. Each student will do a total of 24 words for this unit.

I want the grade report to show the total of ratings. Instead it shows the highest rating.

I don't see a setting on update glossary that will take the grade from highest to total.

Can you help?

Thanks!

Gennemsnitsbedømmelse: -
I svar til Diane Clawson

Re: Rating Glossary Entries

Joseph Rézeau-mit -
Core developers-ip assinga Particularly helpful Moodlers-ip assinga Plugin developers-ip assinga Testers-ip assinga Translators-ip assinga

Hi Diane,

The problem seems to be that, unlike the Forum activity, the Glossary activity does not feature an "Aggregate type" setting*.

One workaround (for Moodle 1.9) in your case is as follows - tried and tested, it works!

1. In your Glossary settings, Grade, select 24.
  2. When you grade your students' entries, give each entry a score of 24/24 if it's OK for you and 0/24 otherwise.
  3. When you have submitted all those Glossary grades, if you go to the Gradebook you will see that the students get a grade out of 24, which I hope is what you wanted.
  4. Example: if for one student you grade 18 of his 24 entries 24//24 and grade the remaining 6 entries 0/24, his final score for that activity will be 18/24. See attached screenshot.

Hope that helps.

Joseph

*EDIT.- This "bug" has been fixed in Moodle 2.

Bilag 30-03-2011 18-06-45.jpg
I svar til Joseph Rézeau

Diane Clawson-mit -

Thanks for the help. I tried your suggestion and it works like you said.

Now, when a student enters only 10 glossary words, his/her grade will still show 24, even though he/she has only done 10.

So the problem still exists. Is there another angle to take? A work-around?

Thanks!

Diane

I svar til Diane Clawson

Joseph Rézeau-mit -
Core developers-ip assinga Particularly helpful Moodlers-ip assinga Plugin developers-ip assinga Testers-ip assinga Translators-ip assinga

Diane,

As I said in my earlier post, this is a bug in Moodle 1.9, which has been fixed in 2.0 and I see no other workaround than the one I posted.

Joseph

I svar til Joseph Rézeau

Mat Dolton-mit -

So can I ask then, with me having Moodle 2.0.2 when I have students that have to do 10 entries to the Glossary, and I mark them 10/10 for each one they submit, how do I know that they have submitted them all without actually sitting there and counting them all?

Sorry for the stupid question (if it turns out to be thus)