Can not Resume Lesson ...

Can not Resume Lesson ...

by Vinit Prajapati -
Number of replies: 3

Hello Everyone!!

I have upgraded my moodle site from 1.9 to 2.0. Situation is as follows. I start lesson activity, after half completing, I have work or say something else. And after returning from I can not resume lesson from where it left, It starts from initial.

How can I overcome this Problem.

Thanks in advance.

Vinit

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vinit Prajapati

Re: Can not Resume Lesson ...

by Geoff Hyde -

Same problem here with lessons I restored from a 1.9 course to a 2.0 shell. I found that if I created a new lesson afresh that worked but I also think it helped if I added an "End of Lesson" instruction to the final page because that doesnt seem to happen by default anymore. Also stopping students from being able to have multiple attempts may be important. I was getting quite frustrated with it alll so I may have got it wrong. I had been hoping for some definitive improvement with the Lesson module in 2.0, but forward progress with basic requests posed many many years back seems to have fallen victim to the coding equivalent  of Zeno's paradox.

In reply to Geoff Hyde

by Vinit Prajapati -
Problem comes only when student directly click on sign out button. If he/she click on some where say in courses and than sign out. Than it asking ti resume lesson from last page you saw?
In reply to Vinit Prajapati

by Geoff Hyde -

With an imported course, your strategy does not help me.

Having read more about problems with the Lesson module in 2.0 in the Forums, I think the upgradation brings more problems than it solves, in our case.

Also, I talked to our IT guy at work and he said these problems come at two levels:

* We are upgrading an entire existing Moodle Installation (instead of installing 2.0 as a fresh install)

* We are trying to import lessons from an older version.

From his experience with Moodle and other open-source beasts (esp Drupal) he said the quicker route would be to do a entirely fresh install and copy and paste our lesson content page by page sad

Sounds painful but he said it could be a year or two (if ever) before developers finally fix bugs introduced by us trying to re-use old content (both the old installation and old lessons) .

Average of ratings: Useful (1)