Moodle 2.0 70mb PHP memory erro

Moodle 2.0 70mb PHP memory erro

by Mike Connell -
Number of replies: 3

I haven't jumped the gun - my hoster had a 64mb setting, and was kind enough to increase this to 80mb. I can even download the php.ini to confirm this. However, I'm still getting this error:

Sorry, Moodle 2.0 requires at least 70MB of PHP memory.
Please contact server administrator to fix PHP.ini memory settings.

Any ideas?

Majik

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mike Connell

Re: Moodle 2.0 70mb PHP memory erro

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Did they restart the web server after changing php.ini?

I actually think that you'll be VERY lucky to run Moodle 2.0 in 80MB of memory. 70M is a *minimum*, 512M is more like it.
In reply to Howard Miller

by Mike Connell -

Hmmm... Well, we've got over the memory issue, and now the install won't go through as my hosters won't create a subfolder directly off the root that isn't publically accessible. Grrr...

In reply to Mike Connell

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
If you are allowed to have .htaccess files you can create the 'moodledata' folder in the public area (although it's not recommended). It contains a .htaccess file that blocks access to the folders through the web interface.